Thread: Alien Vs. Predator II Is A Go

Alien Vs. Predator II Is A Go

The sequel to Alien vs. Predator is happening and will most likely center on a battle in our world, 20th Century Fox Film Co-Chairman Tom Rothman told SCI FI Wire at the Saturn Awards in Los Angeles.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30959

I don't know how the first one was a success, it sucked so bad it wasn't funny
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

It's the "Highlander"-type of success...

The movie blew goats in the theater (that's what you get for 'editing out the cool' in order to get a lowwer guidance rating...)

When the DVD came out, and they edit back in the death, blood, guts, and gore...they had a hit...go figure.
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Quote Originally Posted by Modem
    When the DVD came out, and they edit back in the death, blood, guts, and gore...they had a hit...go figure.
    And they still had several scenes filmed and edited out...the suspense build up, science parts, and certain character histories.

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant
    I don't know how the first one was a success, it sucked so bad it wasn't funny
    IceGiant, a big part of the success, this was the second attempt at making this movie. The first while filmed was never allowed to be released, to violent for the times or some such...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Was this 'original movie' that was 'unreleasable' more like the comic? The Comic was cool, had several of the same elements (and a little thing we call pacing.)?

Just asking.

I for one quite enjoyed AVP and look forward to the sequel.

As for this mysterious "filmed but not released" version, tell me more since I have never heard of it before.

And I thought it could not get worse... I go and eat my words now
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Wish I could tell you more, I only caught the trailer that was back in '92. A friend of mine caught a sample (5-10 minute according to him) shortly after that.
    One of my acquaintances on a PBEM game was able to "snag a pirate copy"...some thing that cost him his job (in theory).

Beyond that, eh...75% through with principle filming and the project got canned. One of the rumors I heard was about an unacceptable rating for theater viewing...too much violence.

All I know is I watched a trailer for Alien Vs. Predator 13 years ago. And yes it looked like an adaptation from the comics.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"