Thread: Recruiting for a PbEM

Recruiting for a PbEM

Hey, I'm currently looking for simmers for a Star Trek PbEM, the USS Camelot. We're based in early 2380s and have a lot positions that can be filled! Check us out at http://www.usscamelot.com/ or drop me and e-mail at TheBaron02@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Is it ICON?

Nope.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Baron, perhaps, then, you could elaborate on which system, if any, your PBeM uses. If it isn't an ICON game, is it a traditional-style RPG, using a previously published version of the Star Trek RPG (ICON, CODA, FASA, ADB/Prime Directive), or, even a home-brew system?

Or, is it a free-form RPG, using an interactive storytelling format?

This sort of information is essential for many of us to determine if we have any interest in visiting your website and checking out your game.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Red face

Yeah, sorry, I should have elaborated. So now I shall.

No, we don't use ICON or any of the similiar services. The USS Camelot if part of the larger Obsidian Fleet, consisting of some 73 ships. What the crew does is basically write a story together. I guess almost like a collective short story if you will. We give the crew a basic plot outline, and a tentative ending to the story, then it becomes the players jobs to get their characters to the end, using creativity within the boundaries of realism.

Characters are created, a basic biographical outline is done for the character by the player. Then from there it is up to the player to make the character grow and blossom or go spinning in any which way or direction! The Fleet has guidelines to ensure that the character cannot jump tall buildings in a single bound, etc. (That darn realism thing, again)
    Last edited by TheBaron02; 05-05-2005 at 09:56 PM.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I figured you were from a FFRPG. I'm a long-time veteran of those games (started in 1995 with the UFPI), although I've moved away from them in the last couple of years (too much time, and I'm focusing on other, hopefully more profitable, projects at the moment).

Just so you know, this site is primarily dedicated to the various paper-and-pencil Star Trek RPGs, specifically the latest incarnation (published by Decipher, Inc.) and the previous one (published by Last Unicorn Games).
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I had gathered that, just glancing around, but I'm looking for players from anywhere that enjoy rpg-ing as a whole, so I figured what the heck, might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    This sort of information is essential for many of us to determine if we have any interest in visiting your website and checking out your game.

Or, you could just click and check out his site. Like I did.

Nice site, Baron.
    Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com