Thread: Help with Bittorrent????

Question Help with Bittorrent????

Hi folks!

Since there are so many intelligent, computer-savvy folks around here I thought I'd ask if anyone could give me a hand getting my Bittorrent to connect so I can grab stuff like the New Voyages DVD versions....

Here's the setup:
    Internet connection through Starband Satellite Internet
    Windows XP SP 2 machine connected directly to the Starband Modem
    Internet Connection Sharing Active on that machine to act as a gateway
    other machines (XP 2 SP 2 as well.. )connect via a Dlink 614+ Wireless Router to the gateway PC

I've tried everything I can think of to get it working, but neither machine can get a Bittorrent connection.

Closest we get is while using Azureus, I get to a few servers like it can find the file, but the download is at O kb and red (if that helps)

Would really appreciate any help anyone can give!
    Tom

I'm not exactly sure, but this thread might violate board regulations, since you are asking for help in downloading probably copyrighted material.
    I would like to explicitly distance myself from this. Your decision.
    Nontheless, your problem might have something to do with the SP2 firewall. You might have to manually open the Bittorrent ports. I suggest you make an internet search on that topic to find out how that is done.

Well, I do feel that this is a legitimate request as it's for nothing copyrighted, but for a fan-film that's _only_ distributed via bittorrent...

However, I will gladly accept any moderators thoughts on the subject...

Tom

Hey stop being so defensive Ergi, it's a legitimate request.. Bit torrent is just a downloading tool, often used for more legitimate purposes than say Kazaa! For example many online games use bit torrent to download their updates etc..

My initial thoughts is also that the port Bit torrent is on is being blocked by either your firewall or your router.. Try disabling the firewall that comes with windows: then if that works go through it's settings to discover what it's blocking. I am not sure how to sort your router? Hmm.. Above my head!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Hey stop being so defensive Ergi, it's a legitimate request.. Bit torrent is just a downloading tool, often used for more legitimate purposes than say Kazaa! For example many online games use bit torrent to download their updates etc..
    I said probably illegal, since I wasn't sure at that moment if New Voyages is fanfic or not. Since it is, no problem. If it wasn't, at least not my problem.