Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rant here: The end of Enterprise! (spoilers...as if it matters anymore)

Well ... finally got to see Enterprise's serie's finale.

Gosh ... can we all say anticlimatic? (all right, all but 2 of us). It's like Braga took every little second of the episode where there could be some emotional highpoint, some suspense, anything that'd makes us actually react ... and shredded it to pieces by revealing the trick long before or defusing any interaction between the characters. Other than that between chef Riker and the crew, that is. Which was rather nicely done, granted, but gosh, who wants a season finale all about Riker posing as some sort of low tech Guinan?

The funny thing is, I had the episode recorded some time ago, but couldn't make myself watch it. After learning Bermaga had seized the helm from Coto, I just knew it would be bad. Then there was SW ep III, which left me speechless even after the film ended for at least 10 minutes ... and I also stumbled upon the new BSG where even the worst episode brings you to the edge of your seat ... I knew Bermaga Enterprise wouldn't stand a chance. Then I told myself "all right, watch it already, it probably won't be that good, but it might be all right, give it a chance!". But to come so low? No wonder Blalock dissed the scenario. I'm still undecided about her acting skills (compared for instance to Helfer - 6 in BSG), but she and Coto managed to make her character come alive in a really neat way. In this episode, I almost could hear Braga telling her "all right, do ... whatever you usually do ... hey, where's the skimpy outfit?" or something .

Oh well ... I think I'll just keep season 4 as a reminder of how good it could have been and erase that last episode as a bad dream I had. Tssssss

Does it show that I'm disappointed? I think we should have a poll, if only as a comic relief .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I was.... disappointed. I honestly have nothing to say but I still like Enterprise.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I haven't even seen the whole thing yet; the VCR fritzed out while I was on my honeymoon. I'll catch it this week on the rebroadcast.

What I saw of it was a fairly well-done TNG episode...which makes it shite for the finale of Enterprise. From that angle, I'm inclined to agree with Jolene Blalock's assessment of the episode, though: It's appalling.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Cadet
    I was.... disappointed.
    Oh, come on! Let it all out. No good keeping it all bottled up. You know what happened to disgruntled folks that don't vent and rant. They go postal.

Tell us how you feel about the finale episode. I know you want to scream...

Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

That's what the poll is for! Come on, all those who couldn't bring themselves to go below 4 in all the previous polls, here is you chance to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Calcoran
    That's what the poll is for! Come on, all those who couldn't bring themselves to go below 4 in all the previous polls, here is you chance to vent!
    But ... the rating stops at 1.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Oh, come on! Let it all out. No good keeping it all bottled up. You know what happened to disgruntled folks that don't vent and rant. They go postal.

Tell us how you feel about the finale episode. I know you want to scream...

Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Animated like that, it looks like he's burping (note I have my sound turned off in case there's audio).
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    But ... the rating stops at 1.
    I added a new warp scale .

Agreed.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mac417
    Animated like that, it looks like he's burping (note I have my sound turned off in case there's audio).
    Or suffering from constipation.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan