Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Voyager...Shit for an ending?

Red face Last Voyager...Shit for an ending?

It sucked! That is all.

Smile

It was great, I think that the final series was more humane then any other

Smile

I wanted Barclay to get them home! Oh well, I don;t have to worry about Harry any more.

It was decent, but I felt it was a bit anti-climactic.

------------------
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of
    their dreams."
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

I thought it was OK for a final ep. Just would have liked to have seen more of what occured after the "new" home coming. Family interactions and the such, who stayed with the fleet and who left that sort of thing. As star trek finals go...it was more interesting then "All Good Things..."

Cool

I thought it was excellent myself. And in the tradition of Star Trek, it left you wanting more. For me, I will view this as Voyager's finest moment.

Angry

That was ass.

It is only fitting that a series plagued with inconsistent writing and a botched premise would stumble so badly in the end.

We spend too much time in a future that never happens with people that will never exist.

Time travel and Borg – only fitting to go to this well one more time.

And the ending…OMG. I sat in disbelief. I watched the credits scroll by. I mean, I was sure there was going to be more. What’s the celebration like? What happens to all the Maquis? How does everyone feel about being split up after seven long years?

We’ll never know.

I wasn’t expecting the big hoorah that was DS9’s final curtain call, but this was pathetic. Did the writers and producers have no pride? For an regular episode it was poor.

For a finale it was unforgivable.

And this, from a Voyager supporter.

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 05-23-2001).]

What was the deal with Voyager coming out of the conduit behind the sphere? My best guess is, they took the off ramp for the Delta Quadrant portal, waited for the sphere to pass, shifted into reverse or did a U-turn to get back on the conduit to the Alpha Quadrant, and followed the sphere out of the portal, all the while staying ahead of the shockwave. I'm sorry, but even if Tom is as hot a pilot as he thinks he is, that's not gonna happen. Unless I misunderstand the physics of trans-warp conduits, I don't think you can stop inside them, let alone reverse direction.

And what was with that "armor"?! Holy deflectors, Batman! Please, nobody even try to make Spacedock stats for that ridiculous munchkin crap. Not to mention "interphasic torpedos" that take out cubes in one shot.

I really wanted to like Voy, and they did make a few enjoyable episodes, but not nearly enough. I have to admit I'm relieved that it's over.

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

I actually kind of liked it. I thought that it lived up to most Star Trek time travel episodes. . They build up a future for the audience and then easily just tear it down. I loved the armor!

Voyager wasn't behind the sphere. The scene before the sphere had opened up its docking port or whatever is that ships enter to be assimilated. Voyager just cut the engines, entered the sphere and let it carry them out. After it arrived in the Alpha Quadrant, it just blasted its way out.

Another thing I liked that it answered questions about how the Borg used their transwarp conduit. That was absolutely beautiful.

I thought the armour was an interesting idea, they did have 30 years to develope it, I do have to agree the interpahasic torpeodoes were overpowered, but it could be argued that they are the "enevitable" extension of Quantum Torps. However, it should still have taken more than one or two to destroy a borg cube...A sphere or scoutship sure, but not a cube.

Like I said before my only complaint was there was no re-intergration back into the federation...No family reunions (I particularly wanted to see what happened between Tom and ADM Paris) and Janeway and Mark. As to the Marquis...there is no MArquis anymore so I didn't find that a particular problem.

I do have to say can't they come up with better ideas then time travel. Kinda' gotten old hat. Liked seeing Harry as a Captain. Finally got permoted.

I liked the continuity from previous episodes and the effects. Of course, my local station aired "What You Leave Behind, Part II" after it, so there is no comparison there. I, too, wish they had wrapped things up a little more there.

Ideally, they should have not made "Renaissance Man" (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that episode), and made that the beginning of the finale, "Endgame" Part I or whatever. Then this week they should have had "Endgame" Part II be a two-hour finale in which the first hour would conclude Voyage'rs journey and part two would show them readjusting to life among friends and family.

Oh, well. We need to start praying, mediating, wishing and hoping, et al. for Enterprise as soon as possible.

Thumbs down

I'm super impressed...Braga/Berman actually managed to surpass their lack of storytelling talent! I think this was, quite posibly, the only ending to a lackluster (at best) show.

It. Sucked.

Like a ten-penny whore.

I can't wait for the drek that will be Enterprise to put this franchise out of our misery...

[This message has been edited by qerlin (edited 05-23-2001).]

Enterprise? What Enterprise? That's just a super dimensional hick-up centered around the the event horizon that is centered around the creative black hole that are the minds of Braga and Berman.May the Great Bird of the Galaxy reach down and smite them.

For me Voyager is the end of the Trek Universe, on TV anyway.

In the Praetor's Name!

Thumbs down

As the final episode began to unfold, I thought, oh, no ... not another time-travel multiple timelines crisis-in-the-making!

The episode was a chicken-and-the-egg temporal paradox - the Janeway who returned to the past to bring Voyager home after 7 years - will now never exist. The complete absence of the time police (Capt. Braxton and company) suggests that this is the 'correct' flow of events, but then how did the 'incorrect' one come to pass? A quantum state flux that is ultimately unresolved.

Nothing explains why Janeway and the others are all prematurely gray ... it's only ten years after their return to the Alpha Quadrant. That, and ANOTHER complete overhaul to the uniforms. Starfleet changes uniform styles more quickly than the in-service time of the average ship.

We're shown alternate versions of characters which will no longer come to pass. We're shown a relationship between Seven and Chakotay that, strangely, comes out of the blue.

In the end, the 'it'll all be in my report' and scenic shot of Voyager sailing to Earth orbit was entirely anticlimactic. Questions raised earlier in the series are swept under the carpet -- a former Borg, the Maquis, a Harry Kim from a parallel universe, and a unnamed quarter-Klingon baby. (Did the doctor even say if it was a boy or girl, or was that 'implied' by the alternate future that the baby was a girl?)

The episode ends five minutes short of the hour, and we get four minutes of commercials. Then, UPN has the class to squeeze down the credits to a third of the screen. For all those who worked so hard for seven years, thanks bunches, we'd rather promo our sitcoms.

The excuse, 'cool, it leaves plenty of room for movies and sequels' ... doesn't justify bad writing. Voyager got off to a rocky start, and a disappointing finish. Let's hope Enterprise has a little more polish to it.

Bob

[This message has been edited by Robert Lai (edited 05-23-2001).]

AslanC Guest

It's not like I expected any better, so I am frankly not disappointed...the Train Wreck as I call it when my friends would ask why I watched the show every week (heck every day when I had cable and reruns) for the past 2 years, has finally come to an end...not with a bang...not with a whimper...just a pathettic run out of steam slide off the tracks.

As I have always said, in my game the entire Voyager series doesn't happen. They get shot off into the Delta Quadrant and someday my players will go get them...that way I can steal whatever stuff I did like for my game, including crew-members

So was the USS Rhode Island (man are we ever running out of ship names eh?) a Nova class?

In closing let me say the session I ran tonight (modified version of Red Giant from Planetary Adventures) had more emotion, thrill and excitement than that episode and we rushed through because one of our players had to catch a plane at midnight to go to New Mexico.

So long Voyager...it's been...well...interesting to say the least.

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    RPG_Trek; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rpg-trek
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.