Thread: Happy Birthday, Methuslah

Happy Birthday, Methuslah

Happy Birthday, Methuslah.

May you live long and prosper.

Drop by your Yahoo! OD&Dities groups. We miss you there.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Rumours of my disappearence...

Damn.

I don't know what to say. Thanks.

The last few months have been crazy. In every sense of the word. I managed to wangle a government grant to set up a science-fiction magazine; just as it was beginning to build a readership, I had the grant taken away. I did have a little notice, but I managed to waste most of that appealing the decision. To no avail, I regret.

At around the same time, OD&DITIES disappeared from the web. I didn't even get an email about it from the provider; I've frankly no idea what happened. All I know is that it went, one night. It is now up here; there are other sites with it up. As I have written in the Editorial for Issue 13, I;m making a change – feel free to distribute the magazine to anywhere, host it anywhere you want and pass it around – just don't change it. And drop me a line if you like it.

That's a little giveaway. With the chaos of Publishing Company No. 2's undramatic exit now at last over, I've started work on OD&DITIES 13. I'll post it on the OD&DITIES forum when it is done. Hopefully tomorrow, maybe Thursday at the latest. I was going to wait till then, but then I noticed this post.

As for my enforced absence, that's been another problem. Those nice, happy folks at Yahoo cancelled my Yahoo! ID. Why? Good question. Very good question indeed. I've managed to set up a new one, and rejoice under the username of 'Methuslah1'.

What's next? Well, I've got a couple of things in mind. Voulme 2 of my autobiography's been nagging at me, and I might finally get that finished. I've got a (shock, horror) AD&D1e campaign to plan out, starting fairly soon. And I've got another Trek netbook in the back of my head that's been bouncing around for a while, another historical one. I re-read 'The Final Reflection' about a month ago, and I think my subconsious is telling me to have a go at a 2220's-era netbook.And then of course – there's OD&DITIES 14.

My thanks.
    Richard

Happy Birthday, if a bit belatedly
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

What email address should I use to get a hold of you? I have been trying to get a hold of you since July of last year. I got side track in trying to keep this site up around August or so (first bidding to own the site and since then as part of the new owner's, Cpt. Lundgren, site development team).
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Belated Happy Birthday for 2006, Methuslah.

May you live long and prosper.

It would be nice if you responsed to my emails. It would be nice to have you post something at the OD&D Guild about the status of OD&Dities.

Happy Birthday!

WOW that sounds complicated and mostly it also sounded bad! Hope your new age brings you new luck!
    Ta Muchly

Happy B Day Meth
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    So, this puts him at, what? Something like 1200 years old or so? (Have a good one, dude!)
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Late as well, but.

Happy Birthday.

May you have many more.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Upgrade 2009

Happy Birthday, Methuslah!