Thread: The REAL Voyager Finale

Post The REAL Voyager Finale

I posted a part of this in another topic, but since I've revised and expanded it, I figured I'd post it in its entirety for anyone who might be interested in another take on how "Endgame" should have been done.

I kept the major plot elements (the Borg Queen, time travel, the Seven/Chakotay romance), and I found that I had to make it three episodes worth to get everything in, so in my version, there is no episode called "Renaissance Man" - instead there is the first part of the finale, which will follow in the next few messages...

Here's the first part of the finale...

"Interesting Times" (Part One of the finale, a one-hour episode taking place instead of "Renaissance Man")

Teaser

We open with Tom & B'Elanna's baby being born. Just as the doctor announces "it's a girl", Voyager comes under attack. It's the Borg! We get a shot of the transwarp hub/nebula and several Cubes coming after Voyager. Roll the credits.

Act One

We're back, and Janeway's Captain's Log tells us it's three months later. The ship is only
    just now repaired from the deadly Borg attack of three months ago. B'Elanna took the death of her baby very hard, but she's trying to cope by working doubly hard to take her mind off her grief. Tom's a complete mess. And the crew is mourning the loss of 5 other members of the "family" lost in the attack.

We see the crew try to come up with tactics for the next, inevitable Borg attack, Chakotay and Seven are working together, they've been at it for weeks, there's obviously an attraction there, and we cut to commercial on their first kiss.

Act Two

We're back, it's 6 months later, and Voyager's in another battle with the Borg. Their new tactics are effective, and they destroy a cube, but not without a lot of damage, and three or four more crew killed, and a main cast member - let's say Harry - severely injured, maybe permanently maimed. The Doctor works desperately on Harry and the other casualties, while Janeway picks through the debris of the cube they blew up to gather any new tech they can. We get another Chakotay/Seven scene, they're obviously a couple now. We go to commercial on the Doctor's sad announcement to Harry that he'll never walk again.

Act Three

We come back, and now it's three years later. Voyager's in an alien shipyard in the midst of heavy modifications. Via a comm link, Neelix helps Janeway negotiate for some new alien tech that will help against the Borg.

While the repairs are ongoing, the crew catches up with Neelix…Naomi Wildman is growing up, Harry's adapted well to life in a spiffy antigravity "wheelchair", and Neelix kids Chakotay and Seven about why they're taking so long to have a baby.

As the repairs go on, the aliens let slip that there are rumors of an old, no longer used Borg transwarp hub a thousand light years or so from here. Seven confirms that it's possible, and they decide to head off..."I'll bring this crew home no matter what", says Janeway.

Off they go, and we skip ahead a couple of months - Voyager encounters another Borg cube, and with their new tactics and alien tech, they blow it away with relative ease. On their triumph, we cut to commercial.

Act Four

We return and it's 9 months later, and Voyager is at the old Borg transwarp hub. Only, when they get there, it isn't abandoned at all. There are a dozen cubes there, and even Voyager's new weapons and tactics are no match. They're severely damaged, 60 or 70 crew are killed including Tom, and the Doctor's program is wiped out as well. Voyager does, somehow, manage to make it into a transwarp conduit, followed by two cubes. They emerge in the Alpha quadrant, in Earth orbit in fact, Voyager is spit out of the conduit, the bridge is wrecked, everyone's either unconscious or dead. And the two cubes follow them out, and the few Starfleet ships that are there immediately engage the Borg...and we cut to commercial.

Act Five

When we next return from commercial, Janeway awakes in a hospital. It's been a month
    since her return, and the last thing she remembers is the terrible battle with the Borg.
    Tuvok, the only other survivor from the main cast, is there to give her the complete rundown - only 17 of Voyager's crew survived. And the two Borg cubes took out 25 starships and devastated the Earth, killing half the population, before they were destroyed.

Reg Barclay comes to visit, and gives some more details…Admiral Paris was killed in the defense of the Earth, and among the ships destroyed was the Enterprise. Janeway's shocked…the Enterprise was the flagship, the ship that couldn't lose. Barclay explains that it was the Enterprise that finally defeated the second cube - by self destructing and blowing up the cube as it went. We see a recording of the Enterprise's heroic end. And some of her crew managed to make it to the escape pods, at least - "The doctors are very hopeful, they think Commander Laforge may regain consciousness…someday."

Barclay then leaves, and Tuvok and Janeway discuss the situation. And right here Janeway decides that she can't allow this to stand. "I killed them," Janeway says. "A hundred and five of my crew…seven thousand Starfleet officers…four billion people on Earth. I killed them all. I took us through Hell to get Voyager home, and I brought Hell with me when I got here." Tuvok answers that it's not logical to blame herself; her choices were all reasonable at the time she made them. "Reasonable? The time for reasonable is gone now, Tuvok. It's gone right along with all the people we lost. But I'm going to get them back. It may not be reasonable, it may not even be possible, but I WILL do it!"

and we fade to black…

And here's the first half of "Endgame" itself...

"Endgame" (Part Two/Three of the Finale)

Voiceover: "Previously on 'Star Trek: Voyager'

A Borg Cube attacks Voyager, causing severe damage.

Tom looks at an empty baby's crib in his & B'Elanna's quarters and breaks down.

Another Borg Cube attacks; explosions on the Bridge; Harry Kim is thrown across the Bridge.

Voyager's at an alien spacedock being worked on.

Janeway and Seven talking in Engineering - "Could it get us home?" "Yes, Captain. If our theory is correct, it will take us directly to Earth."

Voyager fights half a dozen Borg Cubes all at once.

Voyager, savagely damaged and on fire, enters a Transwarp conduit.

Voyager exits the conduit in Earth orbit, followed immediately by two Cubes.

Captain Picard's voice: "All hands abandon ship!" as the Enterprise crashes into a Cube and then explodes with a blinding flash.

Tuvok's voice, speaking to Janeway who's laying in a hospital bed: "52 percent of the Earth's population was destroyed in the attack…"

Voiceover: "…and now, the unforgettable two hour series finale of Star Trek: Voyager…"

Teaser

Janeway and Tuvok are visiting the other Voyage survivors in the hospital. They see Samantha Wildman, who asks about her daughter Naomi. Janeway hesitates, and Samantha knows the truth. She begins crying, but Janeway can't comfort her…she feels responsible for Naomi's death, as well as all the other deaths. "I'll understand if you hate me, Samantha, " Janeway says. "Because I'll always hate myself for bringing this on all of us." Still, Janeway asks her to join the rest of the surviving crew onboard Voyager (which is at Earth Station McKinley undergoing repairs and analysis of all the alien tech they picked up along their journey) tomorrow at 2300 hours for a small ceremony. "It might give us some closure. God knows we all need it…" And we roll the credits.

Act One

Janeway and Tuvok are talking with Barclay and a couple of engineers who've been examining Voyager. It seems that the computers weren't totally trashed during the final battle with the Borg; there's a ton of amazing data about the Transwarp conduits that was recorded before the end, among other things. Barclay mentions that the data has many similarities to some of the things Project Pathfinder was working on in their effort to bring Voyager home. Which also is very similar to data collected by the Enterprise when it followed the Borg back in time a few years ago. Janeway's ears perk up at that. She badgers Barclay into telling more details about that mission (Barclay gives a quick recap of the events of "First Contact").

Now Janeway's got a plan, she tells Tuvok. They will need some help from Barclay to make it work, but that shouldn't be a problem.

The next day, Janeway and Barclay are in his office going over technical details. She wants to know where the materials salvaged from the Borg incident in "First Contact" are now kept. They're in storage, under high level security locks. But if anybody can crack such security, Janeway decides, it's Tuvok. And indeed he does, while Janeway goes to round up the remainder of the Voyager crew. Tonight, she tells them, is going to be a very memorable night.

Act Two

2300 hours. Janeway, Tuvok, and the other 17 surviving crew of Voyager are on the Bridge of their damaged starship. The repair crews are done for the night; they're the only ones onboard. Tuvok reports that the ship is running on external power from the repair dock, but the warp core can be brought online. Once it is, though, they'll only have moments to implement their plan before Security comes to stop them.

What's the plan? the crew asks. Why, they're going to go back. Back to the Delta Quadrant, and back in time. To take back Janeway's mistakes, to save their friends, and their fellow officers, and the people of Earth.

Tuvok explains…all the data they got from the transwarp conduit is the key. They should, with the Borg artifacts Barclay told them about, be able to open the conduit from this end, and ride it back in time - four years and eight months back, to be exact. And they'll emerge at the main Borg transwarp hub, the one in the nebula, the place where everything started to go wrong.

How will they get past the many Borg ships there? Well, the answer to that should be arriving any minute, Janeway says. It seems that one of the other ships in the McKinley Station dock is the USS Defiant, which just happens to be equipped with… "One cloaking device, as ordered", Barclay says as he beams onto the bridge carrying said device. Barclay heads for Engineering to install it. Tuvok begins the sequence to restart the warp core.

"I have to do this," Janeway says to her crew, and Barclay. "The rest of you, it's your decision, each one of you. If you can't be a part of this mission, speak now or forever hold your peace." No one leaves. "Well then, everyone take your station. Mr. Tuvok, whenever you're ready…"

Act Three

Security is shouting at Voyager as it begins to move away from the spacedock. Threats are made, the words "court-martial" are spoken. Janeway doesn't respond.

Barclay's on the comm from Engineering, explaining that they need to be in the exact spot where the conduit let them out for this plan to work. Tuvok reports that they'll be there in 90 seconds. A pair of Excelsior-class ships are in pursuit, threatening to open fire. "This is Captain Shelby of the USS Decker. Stand down or we will be forced to fire on you, Captain!" Janeway continues to ignore the threats.

In Engineering, Barclay's working feverishly on a piece of Borg technology that's emitting an unearthly green glow. Janeway tells him they're in position, is he ready? Yes, he is! It's now or never!

The pursuing ships are charging weapons; Janeway gives the order; in the instant before they're attacked, Voyager is surrounded by a flash of light, and then disappears into a transwarp conduit.

The ride is very rough; crewmembers are thrown around violently. Janeway holds onto her seat for dear life and tells Barclay to have the cloaking device ready for the moment they exit the conduit.

Which they do in a flash of light, emerging out among two dozen Borg cubes, spheres and other polyhedral shapes. The cloak comes on, Voyager shimmers out, and cruises past the Borg, who seem not to have noticed it.

Except…in the Borg Unicomplex, the Borg Queen watches on a viewscreen. Three times she watches, each time slower, each time zooming in, and finally the picture freezes on the image of Voyager just in the instant before it cloaked, and on that we cut to commercial.

Act Four

The cloaked Voyager exits the Borg nebula and heads for the "original" Voyager, which is still enroute to the nebula. They match course and speed, and decloak.

On the original Voyager, alarms go off as the other ship appears. There's shock and disbelief as they look at their own damaged future ship.

They're hailed. Older Janeway asks her younger self, has B'Elanna given birth yet? Younger Janeway is so surprised she blurts out the answer, not yet. Good, Older Janeway says. "We made it back in time. I can explain everything, Captain. Go ahead and scan us to prove that we are who we appear to be, and then please beam me aboard. We need to talk face to face, and soon."

Younger Janeway orders the scan, and everything is confirmed. She orders Older Janeway beamed aboard, under guard.

Older Janeway arrives, with Older Tuvok, and Barclay. Older Janeway explains briefly, they've come back through time to prevent Younger Janeway from making mistakes that will kill her crew and billions of people on Earth. Younger Janeway doesn't believe it. Plus, it violates the Temporal Prime Directive. "Fine," Older Janeway says. "If this works, at least there'll be somebody around to prosecute me for it."

Younger Janeway still doesn't want to believe it, but Younger Tuvok mind melds with her and with Barclay and confirms everything. He doesn't mind meld with himself, however, temporal theory suggests that it wouldn't be good for his sanity.

Older Janeway explains the plan. They'll modify the original Voyager with the tech gained by the future Voyager over the past four and a half years, and use that to fight their way past the Borg and into the transwarp hub. Once there, the future Voyager will self-destruct, which if they do it just right will take the whole hub with them, ensuring that the Borg can't follow them to Earth. Younger Janeway says that's cheating. Older Janeway says, "My crew…we paid for that knowledge and that technology with our blood. Chakotay, Seven, Tom, B'Elanna, their child, Harry, the Doctor, Naomi, Icheb, and everyone else on Voyager paid for it a hundred times over, and I'll be damned if I let their sacrifices be in vain." And we cut to commercial.

And, finally, the second half of "Endgame", the very end of Voyager as it should have been...

Act Five

Younger Janeway talks with her officers. She's still uncomfortable with this plan. It violates the Temporal Prime Directive, plus it creates a time paradox. Younger Tuvok agrees on both counts, but as for the paradox, he says that they've been involved in several temporal incidents, and if it's taught them anything, it's that time paradoxes are alarmingly common. Tom argues that they should ignore the Prime Directive. After all, didn't the Borg try to change the past and wipe out Earth? What's good for the goose, and all that. Harry agrees, as does B'Elanna. The Doctor argues for all the lives that could be saved.

As they discuss, B'Elanna goes into labor. As she, Tom and the Doctor head for sickbay, Younger Janeway thinks about what her older self said, about the baby's paying the price in blood. She can't allow that to happen, she agrees to the plan. So do the rest of the officers. They send a message back to Starfleet…they've discovered a Borg transwarp conduit, and may be home shortly…but just in case things go wrong, assemble as many starships as possible, at coordinates x,y,z…

Meanwhile, the Borg Queen moves several ships into position in the nebula, in anticipation of Voyager's approach…

Act Six

Newborn Miral Paris is doing very well. B'Elanna is healthy as well, but not fit for duty. Voyager needs someone experienced in Engineering, and so Barclay comes over from future Voyager.

Older and Younger Janeway talk for the last time before the coming battle. Younger Janeway is still uneasy with this "deal with the devil" she's made. Older Janeway gestures out a window to the Borg nebula and says they've made deals with the devil in the past, she ought to be used to it by now. Younger Janeway asks why this moment, why didn't Older Janeway go back to the Badlands and prevent all of this from ever happening. Older Janeway laughs. First of all THAT would be cheating, she says, and besides, this trick required a Borg transwarp hub, and this was the only time and place where all the elements coincided. But there's no more time for talk, the battle is about to be joined…

The two Voyagers head for the Borg nebula. Future Voyager cloaks. As they enter the nebula, Harry reports that there are at least 30 Borg ships inside. Original Voyager destroys the first two cubes that approach with no trouble. Everyone on the Bridge is amazed at how well the new tech and tactics work. More cubes and a couple of spheres approach, and original Voyager engages them even as three more Borg ships hold back. What are they waiting for? They suddenly begin firing at empty space…

But it's not empty, it's where future Voyager is! The cloaking device fails, and future Voyager fights back, destroying one cube while taking heavy damage.

The Borg Queen watches the battle. She tries to beam drones onto both Voyagers, but they're shielded against Borg transporters somehow.

Suddenly the Borg attacks stop. Both Voyagers are basically dead in space. The Bridge of original Voyager is confused, why have the Borg stopped firing? Their answer comes when they're hailed by the Borg Queen. She wants Janeway…Janeway will make an excellent liaison between the Borg and humanity, just as the dearly departed Locutus had been. If Janeway comes voluntarily, the Queen will let both Voyagers return home via the transwarp conduit…

Act Seven

Younger Janeway decides immediately. She'll go over to the Borg.

Older Janeway has a plan of her own. She heads for future Voyager's transporter room, along with Older Tuvok. "You know what to do, Commander," she says.

Younger Janeway is on the transporter, beginning the beaming process. Older Tuvok reports that a transport is in progress from original Voyager. "Redirecting…now!"

Older Janeway disappears from the transporter room of future Voyager, and Younger Janeway, having just beamed out, finds herself back in her own transporter room. "What the hell?" she says before realizing exactly what must have happened. She races back to her Bridge.

Meanwhile, on future Voyager, Tuvok gives orders to the remaining crew. Eject ten photon torpedoes. Done. Then, on his mark, cloak, begin moving away, and detonate.

On original Voyager, Younger Janeway and crew watch with horror as future Voyager appears to explode in a massive fireball.

In the Borg Queen's lair, Older Janeway is beginning the assimilation process. The Queen is gloating. They watch future Voyager apparently explode. How noble, the Queen says. But if they think their little gesture will distract us, they're wrong.

And then future Voyager reappears, firing a spread of torpedoes into the main Borg complex at the hub.

The Queen's lair shakes with the damage. Older Janeway laughs.

Original Voyager takes advantage of the chaos and heads for the transwarp conduit. One cube blocks its way, and Voyager heads straight for it, firing all the way. At the last moment, the cube explodes, and Voyager cruises through the debris and into the conduit.

Future Voyager cloaks, and follows.

On the bridge of future Voyager, Tuvok prepares to carry out his final order. He goes through the self destruct sequence...

The Borg Queen dispatches several ships into the conduit, but just as they enter…

…future Voyager self destructs, its warp core becoming a supernova, taking out the entire hub and starting a chain reaction that destroys all the Borg ships.

The Queen and Older Janeway watch as on the viewscreens, everything is exploding, and finally, they too go up in a ball of flame…

And back in the Alpha Quadrant, in Earth orbit, Voyager cruises out of the conduit to be greeted by a whole fleet of starships, including the Enterprise.

Behind Voyager, the conduit explodes in a flash and vanishes. Harry reports that they're being hailed. The face of Admiral Paris fills the screen. "Welcome home, son," he says. Behind him, we see dozens of people crowded onto the bridge, some of whom we recognize from prior episodes as family members of Voyager crew. There's lots of crying and shouting with joy.

There's a lot of the same on Voyager's bridge, except for Barclay, who sees his younger self on the viewscreen, and faints. When all the shouting dies down, Janeway finally orders, "Take us home, Mr. Paris", and Voyager heads for Starfleet Command escorted by the welcoming fleet, and Voyager cruises ahead of the fleet, through the atmosphere, and flies past the Golden Gage bridge and over Starfleet HQ…

Act Eight

We're in a courtroom. Chakotay, B'Elanna and the other Maquis crew of Voyager stand together, while the rest of Voyager's crew is in the first few rows of the packed courtroom.

A Starfleet judge asks, do the defendants have anything to say before judgement is passed? No, they don't, but Janeway does. They're her crew, she says, and any judgement that is passed on them, will be passed on her, too. Over the judge's protest, she joins them. The rest of the Voyager crew follows her.

So be it, the judge says. The decision of the court is, in light of the Maquis crew's actions while onboard Voyager, they have rehabilitated themselves and become valuable members of the Federation again. Therefore, he is dropping all charges against them, and for any of them who wish to serve in Starfleet, he will gladly sponsor them. Court is dismissed.

There are cheers and celebrations all around. The Voyager crew heads out, and the Bridge officers gather together. They're all in a big park outside Starfleet HQ.

Chakotay hasn't decided what he'll do yet; he may or may not stay in Starfleet, but he definitely plans to stay on Earth, to stay close to Seven, who'll be working with Starfleet researchers for at least the next year or so. As he says this, we see that they're holding hands.

Tom and B'Elanna also haven't decided where they'll go or what they'll do, but for now they're staying with Admiral Paris, who's turned out to be a very doting grandfather already. Maybe B'Elanna will take a couple of refresher classes at Starfleet Academy, she says. And then, Tom adds, maybe in a year or two when the baby's a little older, they'll see if Admiral Paris can make some calls and arrange a posting for both of them on a nice big Galaxy class ship or something.

Lieutenant Harry Kim is taking a few weeks on Earth before heading off to a new assignment on Deep Space Nine as the Operations Officer.

The Doctor will teach at Starfleet Academy, he says, and he's already met the famous Mr. Boothby.

Future Barclay says that "I've talked to myself, and…uh…uh…he thought it would be good if I took a nice long deep space assignment, and I agreed with him…me…uh…us."

And Tuvok looks past the Voyager crew to his wife and daughter, who are with the rest of the Voyager families a little way away. "My assignment was to assist you in bringing the Maquis rebels, Captain," he says, "And that assignment is now complete. I am most gratified at the result. And now I will return to Vulcan. As Mr. Neelix would say, I have a lot of catching up to do."

Janeway approves of all this. As for her, she's got several weeks of debriefing ahead of her, but after that, well, Voyager ought to be repaired by then, and she's still the Captain. "I don't have a new assignment yet. But whatever it is, I'll take it, and I'll be lucky if I can find a crew that's one percent as good as you were. And if any of you…" Barclay shouts out, "I'll go with you!" Everyone laughs, and a few other crew members (including Samantha and Naomi Wildman) say they'll come as well.

Janeway continues, "…well, I've always said that Voyager was a family, and the thing about families is that you can always come home to them. So there's a place for every one of you if you ever want it. You know where to find me…" and she looks up into the sky…

And on Janeway's words, we follow her gaze and pull back from the crew, up, up, into the sky, into orbit, to the spacedock where Voyager is being repaired and refitted for its next journey out into the stars…

The End

We start off functionally the same as the actual finale. The first 5 minutes or so were OK, so I figure we might as well keep them. The Voyager has returned home. Once again, we see all the fanfare that happened in the actual show. Then we fast forward to be acquainted with characters that are 30 years older than we are familiar with.

But something is wrong. Something isn't right, and certain members of the Voyager crew know it. For one thing, none of the action takes place on Earth, and it is plain that something terrible has happened to the Federation. Something was done wrong years ago, and it has condemned the Federation (and all the races of the Alpha quadrant) to a slow death of attrition against the borg. Janeway feels responsibility for this most of all, and she sets off to go back in time to rectify the situation. To change the mistake that she made before. She sets out to instill upon her younger self something that she doesn't have, a sense of responsibility for her actions.

As the future Janeway starts her journey to the past, B'lanna has her baby girl. The child is named and the sex is plainly announced in this scene.

Voyager then encounters the area where the Borg Transwarp hub is. They flee quickly. Shortly after, the future Janeway's shuttle appears.

The future Janeway meets with the past Janeway, and tries to convince her that the crew of Voyager must destroy the Borg Transwarp hub. It is absolutely critical that they do this, because if they don't, then the Borg will slowly gain the upper hand in the years to come.

Fortunately, we don't have to deal with the silliness of the future Janeway for very long. Her very presence and insertion into the past has caused her to decay and degenerate due to some technobabble chronotron type explanation. In the end, she pleads with her younger self to think of something outside of Voyagers needs for a change. Then she basically dies.

This is the end of the first episode of the finale.

During the second half, we have our pretty battles with the borg, we also have the stupidity of all that advanced tech to serve as the eye candy for those that wouldn't know Trek if it came and bit them in the ass.

But now we have a different theme. Janeway struggles with the words of her future self. She can't see how to "have her cake and eat it to". She is in a Kobayashi Maru. She has to choose. She can choose to return to the Federation and have a nice remaining life for herself and her crew, or she can choose to set the borg timetable back right here and possibly save millions of lives in exchange for Voyagers dozens.

And she absolutely knows that the hub has a transwarp route that opens a mere light year from Earth. She either takes her trip home and saves her crew or she destroys the hub and saves the Federation. There is no way to have both.

In fact we also have a smaller battle with the borg in the episode where the Voyager does badly. This sequence makes it clear that this is war. Even the advanced technology provided by the future Janeway doesn't make our heroes invincible. This is the moment that it becomes abundantly clear beyond any shadow of a doubt that the crew of the Voyager MUST choose what to do.

For our dramatic decision commmercial segment, we end up with Janeway consulting her crew and asking for a unanimous vote on whether to attack the hub or use it to return home. As we go to commercial, we know that everyone will vote, but we don't know how, and when we return from the break, the matter has been decided without the audience knowning the exact outcome.

In the end, the only trickery towards the Borg queen (who is used only minimally in this episode, because borg are merely destroyers, not schemers) is that Janeway finally decides that she isn't going home. The crew of Voyager makes one last bid for king and country. They destroy the Hub in a dynamic action scene of overwhelming odds the likes of the Rebels against the Death Star. The Voyager is slowly ripped apart by borg fire, and Janeway commits the vessel to self destruct to prevent the assimilation of her crew or her ship. Seconds before the ship blows apart in a fury of matter and antimatter, our camera pans around the bridge, to give us one last look at these characters that we have known for the past 7 years. Save one. Then our camera fades to pure white and then we fade back to the outside battle scene where we have the core explosion of Voyager played out in sheer silence.

The ending shot to make up for this horrible event? The future Janeway's shuttle races away from the area. Our camera sees the EMH Doctor. He is entering a medical officer's supplemental log. He has been instructed to find a class M world for colonization by the last survivors of Voyager. He is to provide for their survival as long as power to his mobile emitter matrix holds out. Our camera finally pans onto Paris's and B'lanna's baby girl carried safely in the craft. Presumably other children (if there are any on Voyager) will be on board or stored in the shuttle's transporter buffer.

As we fade out, we see a dedication. "To Star Trek Fans"

In the end, Voyager saved the Federation and also saved their own. The Federation always protects the future. Sometimes the cost is the present. But since we are strong, we are willing to make those sacrifices. "The human adventure is just beginning"

My version may be corny and completely uninspired. It has some pretty gaping holes in it, but I think it would have made a much better ending, and would have salvaged something from a show as lackluster as Voyager.

Anyway, I hope someone enjoys my outline of what the end of Voyager might have been. It would make a good RPG adventure anyway. :/

------------------
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I like all three of these versions better than the official one, but I like starkllr's best. Overall very good, and lots of cool details. I like the allusions to The Search For Spock.

By the way, what was with Tuvok thinking Janeway was an impostor? Did they forget to explain that or what?

------------------
    The Trekkie Formerly Known As Surak, AKA The Coch, Humble Creator of the Bwuutut and Mensaeans, Aba and Zwickau, and the Perseus Federation, Guy Who Still Hasn't Actually Played The Game, And Who Finally Decided To Use A Signature.

What, in the real show? He just formed that she was logically not Janeway. So what if he didn't stick to his logic, he's a nutcase anyhow.

Anyway, whoever suggested it is right, this guy needs a season pass to the Enterprise Fan Board of Nitpickers and Otherwise Reliable Script Rewriters.

Hmm. I'd like to have seen the Borg completely totalled. I was bored with them after the TNG two parter, and they just aren't interesting enough enemies.

(It would be interesting to have something like them assimilating the 'Phage' (oops) and be seriously taken down a peg, powerwise, ...and somehow work in a ressimilation of Seven, who could bring with her all her own deprogramming... causing the remaining Borg to change their ways, or at least their objectives... leaving the Delta Quadrant in turmoil as more interesting powers begin trying to build their own interstellar community and or take planets, tech, and such from former Borg holdings as well as possibly start blowing the crap out of each other...

Throw in the opening of a few, possibly shaky, Borg transwarp conduits, and the Federation could have both a new frontier and new threats for future projects: the galaxy, partly in upheaval, beginning to truly become a galactic civilization needing to be hammered out.

Since the Dominion seems to have changed its ways at least somewhat, as of the end of DS9, this could create a *whole* lot of plots, with power vacuums, strange new empires, brushfire wars, diplomacy, and
    a profusion of tech exchange/espionage.

Not only that, but a partial system of transwarp conduits could 'shrink' the galaxy and still potentially have plot-ships far from help at any given time, as plot demands.

In keeping with Trek's attempts at timeliness, it would also make a wonderful parallel to world politics, rather than the traditional brinksmanship angles.

I may be tempted to use this concept in a post-DS9 game of my own, if only because the mere presence of the Borg in a game universe encourages players to spend too much time thinking of incredibly destructive things to do...

I'd also thought it would be amusing to have the Borg undergo a sudden change of heart about assimilating beings against their will... becoming a fixture in spaceports, bus stations, and Boston Common, passing out replicated flowers and holding signs that say, "Lonely? The Collective welcomes you..." and, "With us, loneliness is irrelevant."

It makes one wonder what would happen if they assimilated Enlightenment.

Anyway, enough rambling.

I'm just hoping that the new _Enterprise_ series doesn't leave out the Andorians.

}

Well, after fnally seeing the peice of festering Targ excrement that is "Endgame" this is how I think they should have finished Voyager.

EPISODE 7.18: THE ROAD LESS TAKEN
    The Borg attack Voyager in force as the ship approaches a wormhole that Seven of Nine has identified as containing a Transwarp Hub. Voyager takes a kicking but hides inside the nebula where the crew discovers that there has been a major hull breachin the Mess Hall and that Neelix is very, irredeemably, finally, dead (hundreds of Star Trek fans all shout "YESSSSS!!!!" and dance around the TV set). The crew discover that if they can get past the large number of Borg ships (not the wimpy Borg ships that Voyager has kicked seven shades of shinola out of for seven years. If I'm doing this I'm re-writing history so that the Borg are hard on a scale with First Contact and Voyager has mostly avoided the Borg since picking up Seven) they can get to the Hub and use it to get home. In a daring manouver the ship gets past the Borg ships and enters the hub. The final shot is of Voyager exiting the Transwarp Conduit and after checking the coordinates they realise they are 5 light years inside Romulan space. At that point 12 Warbirds decloak and the words TO BE CONTINUED appear on screen.

EPISODE 7.19: HOMECOMINGS.
    Harry returns to his parents and after six months gets a promotion to Lieutenant from Admiral Paris due to Janeway being too stupid to promote him after seven years. At a quiet celebrations with his parents and family Harry recieves a comm signal and leaves in a hurry.

EPISODE 7.20: MATTERS OF HONOUR.
    B'elana returns to Qo'Nos to see if her mother is in fact dead. She still lives and B'elanna finally comes to terms with her Klingon heritage with the help of the Federation Ambassador to Qo'Nos. With the baby due any time now B'elanna decides to have it on Qo'Nos when a comm signal from Earth leads her to gain passage on the next ship bound for Earth.

EPISODE 7.21: FAMILY TIES
    On Earth Tom Paris is coming to terms with breaking up with B'ellana (under untold circumstances) and weighing up the option of becoming the new helmsman on the Enterprise E. Admiral Paris convinces Tom that taking the posting could help him take his mind off B'elanna and as Tom is about to board the Enterprise he receives a comm call and boards a shutle back to Earth.

EPISODE 7.22: REUNIONS
    Tuvok returns to Vulan and is reunited with his wife and family only to discover that his wife was forced to take a new mae e to he Ponn Farr happenin while Tuvok was lost (and none of this Tuvok giving a hologram of is wife some sweet loving bollocks either). Tuvok receeives a comm message which leads him to travel to Earth.

EPISODES7.23+7.24: REPERCUSSIONS AND RECRIMINATIONS
    Chakotay and Seven of Nine travel o the former Demilitarized Zone where they attempt to find Maquis survivors. While on a small plane tthet find Ro Laren who tells tem that a roge Gul is hunting down and killing an Maquis who survived the crackdown.Chakotay and Seven, during this period discover that they are falling in love and with Ro Laren's help find and defeat the Gul.

EPISODE 7.25 (TWO HOUR FINALE): JOURNEYS END (Yes, I know it's been used before but I think it sums it up perfectly)

PRE CREDITS:
    Voyager is in Romulan space surrounded by Warbirds when the ship is hailed by Commander Tomalok who informs te crew that they are tto be escorted to the Federation border and allowed to cross the Neutral Zone. Janeway sits down and says "Well, you heard the Commander, let's go home" (Yes, I know it's eally cheesy but who cares).

Roll the credits.

Immediately following the credits there is a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge with a speck in the air above it. The speck grows into Voyager which flies toward the camera and flies under the bridge and past and really, really close to the camera (so that you can see in the windows as it flies past) before swooping over the Presidio and landing in front of Starfleet Headquarters). The command staff are greeted by Barclay and Admiral Paris and rushd off for a debriefing. After the rest of the crew are debriefed they go their seperate ways except for Janeway who is still being debriefed and the Doctor, who is being examined by Starfleet technicians.

Tom and B'elanna have a monumental row over where the baby is going to be born and decide to split up for awhile.

MESSAGE ON SCREEN "THREE MONTHS LATER"

After their experiences seperately the crew are summoned tto Starfleet Command by the Doctor who tells them that Janeway is to be tried for various major infractions of Stafleet rules during the journey home.

During the trial each of the main crew speak on behalf of the Captain and in the end the decision is made to drop thhe charges due to extenuating circumstances. Janeway takes that opportunity to retire from the service.

Later, at the celebration B'ellanna goes into labour and is rushed to the sickbay onboard Voyager where B'elanna givs birth to a girl and agrees to stay on Earth while Tom takes the posting on the Enterprise-E. Tom tells her he's quit Starfleet and they'll stay together on Earth.

Janeway organises a toast "To the finest crew in the Galaxy, the toughest ship in the galaxy and to the Journey!".

Later, over a slow version of the theme tune, a running text explains that Harry Kim becomes chief Tacical Officer on te Defiant, Tom, Belanna and baby live on Earth, Chakotay and Seven get married, Janeway becomes the superintendant of Starfleet Acadamy, Tuvok becomes a member of the Vulcan clergy, The Doctor becomes head of Starfleet Medical, Voyager becomes a museum and the great human adventure continues.

Roll end credits.

And the idiots at Paramount remember to put Sisko on the advert for Enterprise after the end credits.

Thank you and good afternoon.

------------------
    "I hate all monkeys, Me.
    From Chimpan-a to Chimpan-zee"

Troy McClure, The Simpsons.

I apologise for the errors in my last posting on this subject but the many missing letters were due to a dodgy keyboard on the computer I was using.

I thank you.

------------------
    "I hate all monkeys, Me.
    From Chimpan-a to Chimpan-zee"

Troy McClure, The Simpsons.