Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

Good luck with the move, and we shail wait with batted breath.
    Thank You for the hard work so far Red.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Does anyone have an idea for the Yridian (Iridian?) species template? I'm starting my first regular LUGTrek group next week and one of my players wanted to play a sleezy Yridian information broker. Besides the obvious adv./dis. like poor eyesight, good hearing, I thought there might be more. Does anyone have an idea?

We do play a Kellinan-reach campaign set during the Dominion War. Should be quite interesting especially since I'm trying to get a germany-wide campaign going. So far I have only had the opportunity to play ST on conventions. It's almost unknown in Germany...

Yridian Species Template

I have one for the Database, however progress on their datasheet stopped when I could not find a star associated with them. If anyone can advise of such a star I will put the Yridians at the top of the list to release; once the move is completed and I'm settled in.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    I have one for the Database, however progress on their datasheet stopped when I could not find a star associated with them. If anyone can advise of such a star I will put the Yridians at the top of the list to release; once the move is completed and I'm settled in.

Wow...great...and yet not so great. It will be to late for me to be of much use since we want to start playing next week on friday...and one of my players wanted to use his Yridian.

Couldn't you mail me the information that you already compiled about them and I'll wing the rest somehow? That would be very kind!

So far as what I know of this race from the series, I would guess they originate somewhere in the Triangle or on the "top" side of the federation. It doesn't seem to be a regular federation member race and yet Yridians seem to appear anywhere on the fringe of federation space?!?
    But that's just my opinion - nothing where I have any kind of proof for.

Best regards,

Storm

Yridian Species Template

I may be able to have something by Friday afternoon. I was poking around and found a star associated with them and have actually got the hardest part of the datasheet completed today (to the displeasure of someone whom thought I was pakcing all day ). I have to stop for today, but a few hours tomorrow and maybe a few minutes Friday and I should have it ready for release.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Yridian Species Template

Okay, I did not have the time I thought I would yesterday. I have been able to play around with it some today, and with a little more time I should have it done tonight. I work until 2200 CST, but can work on it some more once I get home. I shouldn't think it will take more than 30 minutes to an hour to have it released.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Talking

Uh, oh, well...I'm still in need for the template since we weren't able to play on friday due to some schedule changes. So...I have got another week to spent waiting...

We don't know a lot about Yridians, other than they do not appear to be a Federation member, having only recently been encountered - in Equinox Part I, Janeway mentions that Captain Ransom had made First Contact with them, so I'd place that some time around the beginning of The Next Generation, just to allow them a few years to become relatively commonplace on the frontier. From everything we've seen, their appearance isn't the only rat-like thing about them. They tend to be cringing, scurrying types, and most of them we've seen have been criminals or low-lifes of some sort.

Okay, had a moving emergency over the weekend that had to be taken care of. But I was able to finish things up this morning on the Yridian datasheet.

As with the others before, it has been posted to the first message of this topic.

Now back to moving.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Thank you very much...I know someone who you've made very happy! I always wonder how one person alone can have so many ideas and endurance to compile all this stuff!
    Thank you again!

Yer welcome. I have had a lot of fun working on the database, which is mostly completed. I am simply rechecking the math and polish up a bit each sheet before creating the .pdf file which is released.

I am pleased to announce that after one month, several scrapes, two serious bruises and one broken toe work resumed today on the database. Due to work requirements this weekend I expect to have the next datasheet ready for release this Monday (if not sooner).
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, let us see if we can get this going again. First up is this collection of distances between all the star systems that I have so far released. I have been trying to get this on a spreadship, but I am unable to format it the way I would like. This is the best I could do.

Anyone with other ideas on how to proceed with this, please let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

May I suggest to use your collection of distances in a spreadsheet like this one.

Im using the same matrix design for a singel Sector i am currently designing (for a freeform exploration Campaign with 43 Starsystems) Some stars are empty, others teem with life.

Using your spread sheet i had some 30 minutes fun to design this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton
    We don't know a lot about Yridians, other than they do not appear to be a Federation member, having only recently been encountered - in Equinox Part I, Janeway mentions that Captain Ransom had made First Contact with them, so I'd place that some time around the beginning of The Next Generation, just to allow them a few years to become relatively commonplace on the frontier. From everything we've seen, their appearance isn't the only rat-like thing about them. They tend to be cringing, scurrying types, and most of them we've seen have been criminals or low-lifes of some sort.
    Yridians in Enterprise.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

So did the fire go out of here or what?
    redwood973, you still around?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"