Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

Yes, I am. Just so happens I started working with some of the sheets (and stopped by the boards) this morning. I hope to have a few sheets for posting by Monday or Tuesday.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Re-working some of the math on one of the star systems I'm working on (friend had a diffrent idea of dealing with something). Going to play with that a bit more. Should have two or three sheets in a day or two.

So, far. . .I don't think you'll mind the wait. But then I'm biased.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I'm really glad to hear you're still working on this project Redwood. Of course that pesky thing known as "real life" generally makes a habit of interferring with the important things in life like Star Trek Anyway, you're previous species writeups were some real quality stuff and I'm looking forward to seeing your newest additions.

Thanks redrage.

Just letting you all know I am back to work on the sheets again. (I need to find a job that won't bother with my LUG:ST time. )

I have two sheets ready and just about done with another, should have the three of them ready and posted in a couple of days.

I'm going to get a four day weekend this week due to all the excess hours that have been required, should get a few more things together during that time I hope.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Well, I hope your as excited as I am when I say: three new data sheets have been attached to the first post of this thread! As always, the italic at the bottom of the post were also changed. . .just some yada, yada, yada I felt was needed for some reason.

Four days off and all I have to show for it are three datasheets which were 95% complete anyway. Damn free time. . .I need more of it.

If my schedule goes as it has for the last several months I am looking at having to scale back to just one datasheet a week (more if possible).

I have started several that I am excited about. . .I just have to pick one and stick with it.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Hey Redwood,
    Wow. Your newest additions are as excellent as ever. I’ve read them all a few times today already. I’ve been thrilled that you have included two of the little known races seen from the Motion Pictures. The Arcturian write up was especially nice as they are a race I have never been able to find a lot of detailed info on. Are any of your future write ups going to be more of the movie aliens? I love the bits and pieces I’ve managed to dig up on them from online sources, especially the info from the old FASA sourcebook but your work is extremely well written, researched and detailed which is exactly what I look for in a species write up.

I’d also like to compliment you on giving the write ups a consistent uniform look. The layout doesn’t vary and all of them look ready to print and bind up as a single sourcebook which is exactly what I did this morning.

Anyway, hope you don’t mind the gushing praise. I do a lot of my own write ups for various characters and whatnot so I know what a huge effort it can be and so I’d just like you to know that it is greatly appreciated by a fellow gamer.

Thanks redrage, it's nice to know that these will be useful.

I have several movie aliens to write up, but if you can't wait until they come out I believe Owen Oulton has converted the FASA stats over to LUG on his web page.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

You are correct, sir, I have converted several of them, as well as some of the STTMP aliens (hey, alternate versions are always good - we don't always interpret the sketchy available info the same way).

Here's the link: http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...es/species.htm

Talking

These are great Redwood. I'm using them right this minute

I agee, these will be very useful in my upcoming game.

Good news! Shortly after moving I accepted a new job which cut into my personal time considerably, thus the reason for the lack of progress. The job was an oportunity I could not pass up, the draw back was having to work the overnight shift.

Well, it's paid off! Being promoted into a day management position. Expecting to move into the new position within the next two weeks. Once done the free time I once had will be mine again! Weekly datasheet posts and daily visits to the boards (as was my old habit) should be doable once again! I can't wait.

:thinking: OMG, I almost have a thousand posts to the boards. :/thinking:
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Hey Redwood!
    Congrats on the promotion! Hope that works out well for ya. Sounds like you've been working your keister off man.

By the way, I sent a PM your way so you may want to check it out.

Oh and thanks for the link Owen but I am already very familiar with your site I never crossed over to Decipher so I'm still a die hard Icon man Your site has some great content. Many thanks for keeping it up and going.

Just a bump so I can find it latter.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Just letting you all know more are coming. . .working on two (from scratch, lots of math and research) by request. I hope to have at least one ready for release this weekend, two if possible.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Well, let's see if 2007 will be more productive than last year. Two new datasheets posted to the first post of this topic.

The previous files have been taken down and submitted for addition to the archive, which is also available on the first post of this topic.
    Last edited by redwood973; 01-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood