Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

Just a test of the StarDistant Project.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Yeah! Redwood is back!
    I've missed your wonderful work Sir.

I did find a minor typo in your 'Star Distant Project' Tholia to Terra "2.31.2", I take it it should read 231.2. Other that that, how are you getting those distances?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Yeah! Redwood is back!
    I've missed your wonderful work Sir.

I did find a minor typo in your 'Star Distant Project' Tholia to Terra "2.31.2", I take it it should read 231.2. Other that that, how are you getting those distances?
    Thanks for the kind words, and the proof-reading.

I'm going to redo the Star Distance Project in another format. I can't get it to work the way I want on Quatro.

The distances are the result of a little math. I don't have time now to post the equation on my lunch hour, but I will do so after work.

Okay the equation is:

A is planet one and B is planet two. The letters X, Y and Z are the axis coordinates of the two planets.

Take the square root of: (Ax-Bx rasied to the second power)+(Ay-By raised to the second power)+(Az-Bz raised to the second power).
    Last edited by redwood973; 01-10-2007 at 06:54 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Redwood I know the formula. How are you coming up with the X, Y, Z coordinates?
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

I have posted one revised and one new datasheet to the first post of this topic. I have done a little tweek of the Aurelian sheet. Please discard the previous one in favor of this one.

Perhaps some may find the new datasheet of some use, not sure why it was not released at the start of the project. I've checked everything and cannot find any errors. I can only assume I withheld it due to Star Trek: Enterprise and the possible revelation of more details about them. Anyway, I've done a little upgrade and if anyone has a sneak peak version of this datasheet should discard it in favor of this one.

The new layout (and corrected typo) Star Distance Project will be out shortly as well. Next week I will start taking down the previous weeks files and submit them to the archive. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to grab them before they are submitted as I am unsure how much time will pass between submitting them and their being available again.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Question on your Tholian. Why didn't you use the recent version?

As seen here on DITL (2nd-4th images, your using the 1st one)
    Phoenix...

I kinda like the old--a little more of a mystery.

A couple more test files attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Haven't forgotten, just been really busy this last week--and not sure this week is going to be much better.

When I can spare the time I'm working on: updating the Andorian sheet (the Aenar patch to the Andorian Template I finished tonight), and after much comment about my picture choice for the Tholians I've updated that sheet with one of the new Tholians. Release of both will be as soon as I can finish up the Andorian sheet. Worth the wait, I think.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, finally got things done this evening. The Andorain sheet is a little different than previous--I have limited datasheets to two pages, but with so much vital information it was just impossible to keep it limited in length. [I have to say I have really never favored one ST race over another, but I now have to pick the Andorians as the coolest. Time for me to come up with a new character to play!]

The Tholian datasheet is updated with the new image of Tholians from ST: ENT and is otherwise the same document.

Enjoy!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I have an unexpected business trip this week. I'm afraid I won't be able to have anything to release next Sunday.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    I have an unexpected business trip this week. I'm afraid I won't be able to have anything to release next Sunday.
    Take care, business before pleasure.
    One thought on this you might want to consider: give yourself some breathing room and go with "ICON Species Database Monthly Posts". I mean we're all here to have fun, and weekly deadlines are too much like work.
    Phoenix...

One thought on this you might want to consider: give yourself some breathing room and go with "ICON Species Database Monthly Posts". I mean we're all here to have fun, and weekly deadlines are too much like work.
    I agree with Phoenix its your Hobby not your job, while we all enjoy the work you submit here, were not a gaming company that wants to release a Species handbook for ICON. Just take your time. We're patient.

Okay, I survived my business trip but have been dealing with the affects of hearing about the peanut butter recall after having eaten some of the peanut butter.

Been very tired, but have slowly been returning to working on the database. I hope to have something to post soon.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Don't ya hate it when you spend a couple days on a datasheet and get it all wrapped up and all you have left to do is plot the star system's locataion on the little map you've been making. . .and you realize you've used the wrong star?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, so we have LUG's Romulan box set. Would anyone be interested in a datasheet of the Romulan's based on Diane Duane's Rihannsu?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood