Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

Most definitely, much prefer her take on them

Me too, RealPity. I've started the work on the system data. With any luck I'll have enough free time to have something together this weekend.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Okay, three weeks since I started working on this. . .but it is progressing! (I needed to read some of The Romulan Way again as it has been awhile.) I've actually got three in the works: Romulan sheet, Reman sheet and a Romii sheet.
    Last edited by redwood973; 04-29-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Excellent, look forward to seeing it !

Okay, my knees are sore, my back aches and I have a little sunburn but the yard work is done for the weekend and the "garden" is in place.

The Romulan sheet is 99.9% done. Just needs another proof reading and a few minor tweeks and it will be done and hopefully available by tomorrow afternoon. The Reman sheet is three-quarters done and I could have it out this weekend I hope. The Romii sheet is coming along much slower (and I still need to find a screen cap of the critter I intend to use for it's dominate species--may need to cap that myself). I've also found a couple of Romulan ships I'd like to write up for LUG and Spacedock once I have at least the Romulan and Reman sheets done.

Capt. Lundgren is helping me by setting up the archive again and allowing me to post new sheets to it myself without having to pester him all the time. I really, really, really hope to be able to start putting out two datasheets a month (more if possible).

But for now, it's off to bed so I can not be a total zombie at work tonight.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, the Romulan sheet is posted to the first post of this thread.

I've tried melding what we've seen in shows with ICON and Diane Duane's Rihannsu. With any luck I've gotten something together somewhat usable.

I'm very tired, so I may have missed something in editing. See any typos or ideas that don't mesh/work please point them out.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Sorry, everyone. I shouldn't proof read when tired. I've had to correct the Romulan sheet as the origianl sheet did not have the ICON Template as the copyright stated.

It does now and the Traits have been listed in the originally intended Option Trait Patch, and thus the reason for the updated sheet.

I think the optional traits bring the Romulans a little closer to the Diane Duane's Rihannsu.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Is there any chance we can get Tauren's? Or draenei

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I guess I could see what I could come up with. I'm not familiar with either of these, other than the sources you provided. Is this something you want integrated into the Star Trek setting or the setting provided by the sources listed? I'd need to know how they fit into your game/Star Trek setting.

And how soon would you be needing these? I have the next several datasheets laid out (a few are just editing stuff needing to be done):

Romulans (done and released)
    Remans (completing, and releasing today)
    Romii (newly added to the list of species to do. . .nothing on paper, just some ideas floating around in my head)
    Klingons (I figured why not)
    Vulcans (a proof and touch up, if needed to make thinks conform to the Romulan sheet in case of contradictions)
    Andorians (making it a stand alone sheet)
    Aenar (separating them from the released Andorians sheet)
    Tellarite (a proof since, well, idk)
    Draylax (well, because the females have three. . . )

I could see when I could fit this request in.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    BAD MONKEY, no Draylax

No really, the romulan looks great. I do have a question for you: are you planning on doing any work on non-cannon Trek species (I think there's enough information to build on the Kzin from TAS)?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks, Phoenix. Good to see you back.

I have a list of species that have been mentioned or appear, and pictures of unknown species that have appeared in TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT.

I've not given much thought to TAS as I'm unfimilar with it. I remember seeing it once or twice as a kid on the Nickelodian Network, and I downloaded the Spock goes back in time show one a few years ago. That is the limit of my experience. Is there a star associated with the Kzin? I'll need to do some research to get something out, but I can see what I can come up with for you.

Oh, and I have posted the Reman sheet to the first post of this thread.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    Is that going to be an Advantage or a Disadvantage? : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Good to be back, really. Not gaming at this time (Trek or otherwise), but I'm starting to get my live back together.

As for the Kzin (or Kzinti) they origionally appiered in Niven's "Known Space" series (Ringworld, Man-Kzin Wars). Their cononisity is questionable at best (leagle issues). In my opinion, DS9's Tzenkethi reference is a nod to Niven's work.

Well thanks for the Reman, looking forward to your Romii (your's or Duane's creation?).
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Is that going to be an Advantage or a Disadvantage? : P
    HAHA! Depends on if you are playing a Draylax male or a female.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    As for the Kzin (or Kzinti) they origionally appiered in Niven's "Known Space" series (Ringworld, Man-Kzin Wars). Their cononisity is questionable at best (leagle issues). In my opinion, DS9's Tzenkethi reference is a nod to Niven's work.

Well thanks for the Reman, looking forward to your Romii (your's or Duane's creation?).
    Hrm, interesting. I can understand peoples interest in these Kzinti. I'll add them to the list and see what I can come up with.

As for the Romii, this is all we know. Some friends were asking about them while looking at the stuff I had laying around for the Romulan/Reman sheets. Got a few ideas bouncing around my head for them so I thought why not, and it never hurts to have more people for the Romulans to push around.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood