Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    Some very interesting work FASAGrrl. I'm not familiar with the Eeiauoan or the Sivaoan species. What are they from?
    Whew... sorry, I've been absent from these boards since I posted those files. Busy-busy ! RL tends to intrude upon gaming fun sometimes.

The Eeiauoans and Sivaoans are both featured in a TOS-era novel called Uhura's Song. It's a really good book, and the alien cultures are very detailed and ripe for inserting into a roleplaying game.

The Sivaoans are also very popular in most of the on-line play-by-email rpgs.

Okay, I'm looking at Sirius (Alpha Canis Majoris) for the next write up and I'm not finding what I expected. Can anyone help? I swear one of the print Trekpedia's had assigned a species as being native to Sirius but the on line Memory Alpha is lacking in the information. My copies of the Trekpedia's are lost among the many boxes I've not unpacked after several moves over the years (not even sure I still have them; the on-line Memory Alpha and Beta had made them unnecessary).

I've already checked the on line Memory Beta (which by the way has an error regarding Sirius; Alpha Canis and Alpha Canaris are not the same things--Canis is latin for dog while canaris is latin for the plural of canaria which means canary [to my knowledge there has never been a constellation named canaria or canaris]). Hrm, I wonder if I'm confusing my print Trekpedia's with the misinformation on Memory Beta.

Anyone have a copy of the Trekpedia's they can check for me and see if it mentions a native species? Pretty please?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Hello, all. Just wanted to let you all know I am still working on the database. Real life has been a little all too real as of late (a new job has required several extended trips out of town).

Wishing to provide you with the very best product I can make available, I've been tweeking the datasheets (sorry to those who has already printed those released).

A few of the things you may notice on the upcoming releases will be expanded data on moons (new sheets will contain the number, name, distance, radius, gravity and orbital period of each moon a world has).

One of the changes I'm most excited about relates to the Appearance and Physiology section. It's a modest change, but I think everyone will find it very useful. For example, the Terran sheet would read--

Bipedal hominid; standing 1.5 to 2.0 meters and massing 54.0 to 83.0 kg. Virtually hairless, Terran pigmentation ranges from dark brown to pale pink, while hair range is from brown to white.

Omnivorous, with an unremarkable physiology and displaying a typical sexual dimorphism. Gestation is nine months, commonly resulting in a single offspring. Life expectancy is 110 years.
    While the Draylax sheet reads--

Bipedal felinoid; standing 1.6 to 2.1 meters and massing 62.6 to 91.6 kg. Pigmentation ranges from pale yellow to an orange-brown hue similar to that of Ferengi. They have long, golden-blond hair resembling manes, which darken with age.

Strictly carnivorous, they have difficulty digesting plant matter. There is an obvious sexual dimorphism. Females are much weaker, have tails, three mammaries and are shorter by 0.2 meters and mass 15.88 kg less. Gestation is six months, commonly resulting in two offspring. Life expectancy is 78 years.
    A little note of explanation: most typically the offspring of a multiple birth is the common offspring multiplied by two; and anyone using the Critical Age Effects from LUG's Players Guide, the life expectancy in the datasheets is the Critical Age plus 45 years.

I'm afraid due to the necesity of travel this month I won't be releasing anything this month (but I'm using the motel time for research, so it's not a total loss!), but I'm looking at starting to release two to four datasheets a month staring June.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Fugazi Girl asked for a Hermat write up. And I admit that its been a while, but was happy to try and capture this feline species from New Frontier books to join my prvious work with Xenexian and Brikar.

First draft. Please let me know what you like and think needs changing.

Flavour text as usual adjusted from memory Alpha
    Species Template Hermat.doc
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Dan, I have really enjoyed looking at all of your Alien write-ups that I found in another thread. You do wonderful work, and I appreciate your doing a Hermat for me.

I look forward to any Aliens you decide to post in the future !

6. Hundreds of species templates and more coming. Many gathered from different sources many more created by our team. Check em out and use them to keep ICON alive.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...ikis/main-page