Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

ICON Species Database Weekly Posts

Let's see if this brings a little life back into the LUG/ICON threads. Twice a month I will post one (two, if time permits) datasheet. Posts will be made on Sundays, but should life cause a delay they should be posted the following Monday.

A large part of these datasheets are already completed. I will however, spend the time before release rechecking the math involved on the system and planetary data making sure it is as factual as Sci-fi RPG can be. Please note that anyone whom kept the previously released sheets should discard those in favor of those released in this thread.

Also, as new datasheets are released the old will be rotated out so as not to burden the thread with so many large attachments. CPT. Lundgren has provided a location for the archive of the previous files which may be found at http://www.trek-rpg.net/species/IconWeeklyPost.htm and through the species database on old site.

Thanks Captain.

I've left the Aenar, Andorian and Centauran datasheets since not many grabbed them. Please, replace the previous released Andorian sheet with these Aenar and Andorian sheets. The Benzite sheet is brand new.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by redwood973; 05-14-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Ohhh, me likey! Great presentation and layout, Thank you!
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks. I hope everyone will find these useful in some way.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Well, let's do this again shall we? The second release has been attached to the first post of this thread.

So as to make it easier for everyone, I will always attach the new datasheets to the first post of this topic. Any new blah, blah, blah I have to say about the sheets will be in italic at the bottom of the first post.

Enjoy.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Oh, now this is just too sweet.

I never got into Coda so it sure is nice to see a new Icon project. Especially one covering what I felt was one of the few weak points of Icon: Alien species data and stats!

Nice work Redwood. Sure hope you continue this project!

Ok, I feel dumb...
    Redwood, could you put the first two back up for a day or two...I did a brief overview of them and never down loaded them...I said to myself I get back to that...now I feel dumb for not getting back to this thread sooner...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks for the kind words.

Phoenix, if you can wait just a bit the files that have been rotated out may soon be available. I am not sure how soon this will happen, but I don't see it taking too long before they are available for good. Once the details have been worked out Magnus or myself will make the offical word.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I should have the next release available by Monday night. I have had to pick up a few extra shifts this last week covering for some, plus it was my weekend to work overnight. I will have to sleep Monday morning, but hope to be up by noon and working on the next release.

If everything goes perfect I hope to have two to release, but I may only have one. Will have to see how things go timewise (for example, I was to have gotten off work at 0700 Sunday but did not actually do so until 1100).

Just a minor delay in release.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I may have added to the delay, I have stolen a lot of time from Redwood973 as the time difference have made our communication slow.

But the archive page for the old files are now online at http://www.trek-rpg.net/species/IconWeeklyPost.htm and through the species database on old site. Those files are updated with some last minutes changes by Redwood973, and the old ones should be discarded in favor for the new ones.

The archive will be updated as the files are rotated out from the post.

Looking forward to the new release

First, thank you CPT. Lundgren for providing a place to archive the datasheets. That is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks!

Sorry for not getting the next ones out. Having to prep the four previous datasheets in just a few days consumed some time, plus the added shifts and working the weekend have taken their toll. I am currently preoccupied with watching Wembledon (GO RODDICK!), and hard as I try to sit here and work on the datasheets. . .I keep getting drawn back to the match.

I will more than likely hold on to these I am working on now for release this Sunday. Sorry for the delays.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, round three is available. So as to make it easier for everyone, I will always attach the new datasheets to the first post of this topic. Any new blah, blah, blah I have to say about the sheets will be in italic at the bottom of the first post.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Nice work there! Nice writeup !
    Ta Muchly

Thanks Tobian. Sorry I had not acknowledged your kind words sooner.

The next datasheet has been added. I have removed the data entry for the magnetic field values. While I had need for such information once (with a gas giant) I can't see it being of much use (or even being a factor) on terrestrial worlds. Any feedback on that? The M.F.V. is easy enough to figure out and would be no problem to add back into the datasheet should you desire.

Thanks.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, sorry for the missed week. Life once again caused some interruption.

For those whom may want it, I have been keeping a listing of the distances between the various stellar systems that have been released so far. I am attempting to make those available during the week. . .need to figure out how to do so now that I find that my computer does not have Excel which was necessary for the layout arrangement I had in mind. I'll figure it out on QuttroPro, I just need to fiddle with it a bit to get it to do what I want.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

For the next few weeks I am not sure how much I will be getting done as I am in the middle of moving. I will release what I can during this time, but have no idea as to when that will be.

Sorry.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood