Thread: Hitchhiker's guide

Hitchhiker's guide

So what did you think of the movie? I loved it, but I do not know the novel. I found its humor new and unorthodox and the characters were brilliant. the John Average - Arthur Dent was just as great as the President ( "you cannot be a President with a whole brain" - very funny ). The ship was funny as well - the whool-puppet scene was simply brilliant. But what I liked most was Marvin, the robot is simply great! Greater than his head.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Liked the books. Haven't seen the movie yet. I will see into that soon

I like it a lot! I'm a long-time fan of the books, and re-read all of them after seeing the movie.
    The beginning and the end of the movie are like the book, while everything in-between is new - which is a good thing. Douglas Adams once said that the book has a very long beginning and an ending, but for a movie it also needed a middle part. (He wrote the first draft of the script himself before he died.)
    Even so, many of the brilliant jokes are still missing in the movie, so go and read the books!
    One thing that I didn't like was Arthur's "love speech" near the end of the movie. It's nice that he and Trillian fell in love (doesn't really happen in the book), but this was rather heavy-handed, IMHO.
    Another was Zaphod's two heads. They should have put more effort into that.
    Last edited by Turloigh; 07-12-2005 at 09:21 AM.
    "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal death in judgement."
    Gandalf
    - The Fellowship of the Ring