Thread: Sourcebook idea from Dave

Sourcebook idea from Dave

Here’s an idea that Dave threw at me earlier to day.

He suggested that I put all my ships that I have brought together and over saw the production of in our games and in my own time in to a PDF Sourcebook for the posting.

There would be all the ships that I have put up on the web and the one’s that I haven’t. Their would be Borg Ships of different sizes and shapes, Bajoran vessels that have been in our adventures, a Cardassian Variant of the Galor-class, a couple of Son’a vessels and a single Kazon vessel that I don’t know why I made. A Dominion Version of the Super Battleship seen in the Red Squad episode of DS9. I would have to include the versions of Nebula I drew up from a Fasa web sight for the Mk 1 and Mk 2 of that class, including the half finished Mk 3 of the class. I would have to include some the Icon vessel that I have sitting in the Database that we used early on.

I would also put notes on restrictions in each of the time periods that I allowed my group of players to go and the reasons for breaking the rules.

Just off the top of my head it would be one hundred pages ore more of notes and ships.

This is the list of ships that I will be posting as soon as I am finished with the compliling of ships for the spacedock ships that I have crerated for our games here. By the end of the month I will be posting it by the first week of next.

It will be simple and plane not pics as that will get huge and messy for layout and I was looking to keep it neat and simple as simple text document.

ENTERPRISE SERIES
    NOTES FOR ENTERPRISE ERA'S SPACEDOCK
    NX-CLASS STARSHIP
    KLINGON D-5 CRUISER / TANKER
    KLINGON RAPTOR-CLASS SCOUT/RAIDER
    EARTH FREIGHTERS Y-Class Cargo ship
    EARTH FREIGHTER J-Class Cargo ship
    KLINGON BIRD-OF-PREY
    ENTERPRISE ERA KLINGON C-8 ASSAULT TRANSPORT
    ROMULAN STEALTH WARSHIP
    INTREPID-CLASS
    KLINGON BATTLE CRUISER
    VULCAN COMBAT CRUISER

THE ORIGINAL SERIES SHIPS
    ANTARES-CLASS STARSHIPS
    FEDERATION-CLASS STARSHIP
    K'Teremny Class Cruiser
    THE MANY FASCITS OF THE GOOD OLD MIRANDA-CLASS CRUISERS an essay
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan ALTERNATIVE Miranda-class Starship that could have been.
    STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN
    ALTERNATIVE MIRANDA-CLASS DESIGN TYPE TWO
    ROMULAN WARBIRD (first Double Hull design)
    Belknap-Class Strike Cruiser
    BELKNAP-CLASS ALL GOOD THINGS VERSION
    SHERMAN-CLASS CARGO VESSEL
    MENAHGA-CLASS & S’HARIEN-CLASS
    Klingon Class XIII L24 "Ever Victorious"-class Battleship
    SMALL TRANSPORT VESSEL
    TOS Ptolemy Cargo pod

THE NEXT GENERATION ERA
    FERENGI CARGO SHUTTLE
    NEBULA CLASS (ORIGINAL SPACEDOCK VERSION)
    Nebula-class Exploration Cruiser MK I (Phoenix type) Science Vessel
    Nebula-class Exploration Cruiser MK II (Sutherland type) a.k.a. Tactical Vessel
    PROTOTYPE Nebula-class Exploration Cruiser MK III (Unknown type)
    SON'A BATTLESHIP
    SOVEREIGN CLASS STARSHIPS Plus Star Trek: Nemesis’s new Phaser strips and Photon Torpedo Launchers
    THIS IS THE FIRST VERSION OF THE REMAN SCIMITAR STARSHIP
    the final version of the Reman SCIMITAR CLASS STARSHIP
    JEM'HADAR WARSHIP
    Star Trek Voyager's Delta Flyer
    STAR TREK VOYAGER'S AEROSHUTTLE
    VALDORE/NOREXAN-CLASS STARSHIPS
    ROMULAN SCOUT SHIP
    KLINGON STARSHIP Qo'nos-Class Cruiser

THE BORG
    BORG CUBE Assimilation type
    BORG CLASS-4 CUBE
    BORG Sphere

Special Version of Voyager Hawkeye-class Science Vessel
    STANDARD ESCAPE PODS
    KLINGON CRUISER Morkar-class planetary defense Cruiser
    KAZON FIGHTER
    KAZON CARRIER
    KLINGON Starship MEK’CHA-CLASS STARSHIPS
    The I.K.S. Gorkon, the Qang-Class Heavy Cruiser
    The Icon version QANG-CLASS STARSHIPS
    KASAS-CLASS STARSHIPS

A group of modified Vor'Cha-Class Attack Cruiser (Mek'lar-class Attack Cruiser)
    Un-named-Class Cruiser

SPACESTATIONS
    Starbase Space Station
    R-1 class Space Station
    Terok Nor weapons upgrades for Deep Space Nine era
    Construction Space Station

Wells-class Federation Timeship
    Wells-class time cruiser Icon

SPACESTATIONS
    Starbase Space Station
    R-1 class Space Station
    Terok Nor weapons upgrades for Deep Space Nine era
    Construction Space Station
    So I take it we've nailed down the piticulars on Starbase construction.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Omega1967, you still around here?
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Here It Is.

Yah I am still around, A couple of days ago I was ready to post the web book but stopped and was rethinking some of it. I was thinking of pulling the Enterprise Era Material in favor of its own netbook.

Then, I was given several PDF files from a web site. They are reminiscent of the early RPG for Babylon 5 called the Babylon Project. The set up of the space vessels was similar in appearance to these. The web address is planetside.firenebula.com.

Of these sheets of PDF files that were on a CD and a nicely set of printed out were a set of D5 Cruiser (4 versions), a version of a early Bird-of-Prey called Ro'Tah and the Raptor Scout. What I found was the weapons placements and their angles of fire.

In these set ups the standard D5 Cruiser had no torpedo launchers three forward disruptor cannons and one aft and four light disruptor cannons covering on a flat surface with a couple of blind spot areas. The blind spots you would halve to be with in the shields or sitting on them.

The D5 upgrade much the same except the centerline forward disruptor is replaced with a light photon launcher and all disruptor cannon is replaced with medium disruptors. All light disruptors are the same. The weapons power difference in the total points the ship can fire between the disruptor cannon and the medium is an upgrade of eleven- percent damage. (Disruptor cannon rated as 18 damage and medium disruptor rated as 20 damage a difference of 2 damage).

Enough said for now on this, it started me thinking even more. The book's done sitting in the computers in a PDF file arranged and all ready to be posted. By this time I have two little voices in my head one saying, "Release it as it is, its good to go," the other is saying, "the Enterprise era ships deserve their own book."

Both voices are right.

If I work it into my schedule I will release a more extended version of my Enterprise notes and maybe a revamped versions with some of these Star Trek Wars starships spacedocked out with their weapons. I was told there are Andorian ships and more Vulcan vessels at the site as well.

So here it is the netbook I call my Spacedock or the title on the cover: -- STAR TREK -- SPACEDOCK, RED OMEGA FLEET YARDS by OMEGA1967.

Enjoy, read it don't read it use it for what it is notes and a series of ships that are full of idle minded designs and specific designs. There are several mistakes within such as the First ship I build the Timeship Relativity it was a good attempt but had several large assumptions and amateur guesses at how to set up the vessel.

This is only a quarter of the ships created for our games they are Geberic and mnot mission spacific. the rest would require the species and the Adventure out line for the ships.

REMENBER ALL STEVE LONGS SPACEDOCK RULES APLLY MOST SHIPS WERE ALTERED OR CHANGED TO FIR OUR GAME AND SOME CHEATING DOES HAPPEN TO MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN FOR THE PLAYERS AND GAMEMASTER.
    Attached Files Attached Files

One suggestion, if you ever decide to do a revised version. Use a larger font or some thing to do the first line of a design, makes things easer to find.

Ok I lied two suggestions page numbers in the ToC section would be useful.

I do intend to use these designs, not all of them mind you (have no desire to venture out to the Delta Quad), but they will be used.
    Phoenix...

Sorry,about the font size my screen is larger than the normal screens most have font normally keep the font larger than 8 as I can read I easilly.

No the overall font size is OK what I'm referring to is just the first line, here let give an example.

NX-CLASS STARSHIP
    Class and Type: NX-Class Cruiser
    Commissioning Date: 2151

HULL SYSTEMS
    Size: 5
    Length: 225 meters
    Beam: 136 meters
    Height: 29 meters
    Decks: 7
    Mass: 80,000 metric tons
    SUs Available: 1,900
    SUs Used: 710

Etc...

The above example would make it easer to locate the different designs, just enlarging the title.
    Phoenix...

My Girl freind Jewel reformated the book as a surprise for me. Good looking and full of good heartedness for all.

So here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Enterprise Spacedock

I was hoping to have a finished version of the Enterprise Era Spacedock vessels by the first but do to computer problems and work disasters my progress has been slowed to a halt at times.

The computers processor blew out taking the hard drive memory along with it. Most of it had been printed out and it is a process of putting it back into the computer with a usable format.

At work one of the machines that we run went down hard. This grew to several late delivery days in the last month alone. Fourteen-hour shifts are for the birds, especially for an entire week.

As it stands the Enterprise book stands to be put out at the end of the month with an Andorian vessel, three or more Vulcan ships and Suliban vessels. This will include the variations to the Klingon vessels and the original Klingon vessels from the earlier collection.