Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crap...

Crap...

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...w=wn_tophead_2

let's hope it's only a minor problem
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

It's those Bajorans I tell ya, they're sabotaging our solar sails so they can be the only one's to have them!

That's sad news, i hope it doesn't bcome another Beagle!
    Ta Muchly

Talking

No, the fact that there is no Bajoran on the design team is the reason it failed. Damn Russian rockets.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Oops...

Steeeeeerike two!

Where's the Emissary when you need him? This does suck, I was really hoping it would be a successful mission.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Okay, maybe not so much a "strike" as a "foul" according to this article . So apparently it's functioning, but to what extent and how plans will change is still a mystery.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Angry Thing I don't get is...

I keep hearing in 'the media' how solar sails are suppost to be "are ticket to the stars"...HELLO, do you REALIZE that just because the Sun's LIGHT travels at the SPEED OF LIGHT, it's 'WIND' is waaaaaaaaay SLOWER...*grrr*, when are we gonna get to the 'atomics' ( )
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Modem
    *grrr*, when are we gonna get to the 'atomics' ( )
    When Bush's oppositions (e.g., tree-hugging, weed-smoking, hirsute-loving, environmental activists) are eliminated.

Damn! I'm nasty! Must be the tropical summer heat.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Using atomics in space operations is not bad for the environment.. missiles exploding in the upper atmosphere, like that solar sail's apparently did (which is the final outcome apparently!) will if they contain nuclear fuel! We'll all get a nice dose of radiation.. YAY!

I was also reading an article that a facility in america which is testing nuclear fusion is likelly to be mothballed - http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../super_laser_1 because of budget cuts Fusion is a more likelly power source than nuclear because at leas it explodes it doesn't leave nuclear waste ! In This area, at least the French are still pressing on http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3239806.stm
    Ta Muchly

Yay! Go us!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

The French beating the Americans at something: I'm srurpirsed this isn't a singular reason for them to do this!

I am always impressed with the French to do things "As the Victorians did" They still do large scale civil projects, Go French!
    Ta Muchly

If you read the article about the European Union choosing a site in France as their candidate. It is not just France doing the fusion project:
    International partners in the immense engineering project include Canada, the US, China, Japan, Russia and Korea.
    It does however make sense to place it in France as if it is able to continue after the initial test to generate power it would be easier to send power to the greatest number of the project's partners - European Union, Russia - atleast and potentional China, Korea. OK, China might make more sense geographically but as the remain Communist power who knows how they might use it. So, why did they include the Chinese?
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Why would China make more sense geographically? So they can more easilly cover up a masive disaster ? Yes I know it's a consortium, but that's like saying The international space station was funded equally by everyone.. even if everyone put in the same ammount of money, it doesn't exactly cover the costs of the Space programmes which allow it to happen in the first place!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    It does however make sense to place it in France as if it is able to continue after the initial test to generate power it would be easier to send power to the greatest number of the project's partners - European Union, Russia - atleast and potentional China, Korea. OK, China might make more sense geographically but as the remain Communist power who knows how they might use it. So, why did they include the Chinese?
    In the interest of progress, human rights take a backseat. Go progress!

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Progress at all costs isn't really a good idea, it's how we got global warming !
    Ta Muchly