Thread: Planning a one-shot, need a little help compiling resources

Planning a one-shot, need a little help compiling resources

Folks,

A bud of mine and I are dusting off the Trek rulebooks to run a one-shot, and we're going to compare the LUG system and the Coda system to see which we prefer to use for the one-shot.

I've checked Starbase Coda and picked up some great resources there, but I'm trolling for a couple other things. Can anyone point me in the direction of:

• A character generation summary sheet
    • Paper Star Trek ship miniatures or counters (I seem to recall a bunch of nice ones floating around somewhere once upon a time)
    • Anything else you might think is useful.

Basically, from what I remember from the two systems, I prefer Coda over LUG, and I'd like to be able to present that to my co-GM when we compare the two games. I have all the Coda Trek books.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

1. Choose Race
    2. Roll/pick attributes
    3. Determine Reactions, Health, Defense
    4. Select favored attributes and reaction
    5. Int x2 for Native Skill picks
    6. Choose a background package.
    6a. Optional: Choose an edge at the cost of a flaw.
    7. Choose a Profession
    8. Choose a profession package
    8a. Choose an edge
    8b. Choose a profession ability (if Starship Officer, choose Starship Duty, then choose a profession ability pertaining to your choosen Elite Order [Command, Helm, Engineer, etc.])
    8c. If 6a wasn't used, choose an edge at the cost of a flaw

I believe this is correct, but I can't remember for absolute certainty, I would suggest checking the section on Acquiring Edges/Flaws.

Check out my RPG Tools site for additional stuff. There is chargen instructions that go along with my Excel chargen tool that follows the actual and would be more correct over the steps I listed above.

Matt
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

My chargen summary, in a variety of motifs, if I might be allowed to throw in my own biased 2 slips of latinum....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Starbase Coda, Space Cadets archive, has some excelent starship counters (at a nice high res) http://starbase-coda.com/ and quite a few other useful resources..

I always used to find ICON really confusing during character creation, and it always seemed that different templates gave you far more than others. I much prefer the CODA system of building characters, and it's simple !
    Ta Muchly