Thread: Google Earth

Google Earth

This is just too cool!

http://earth.google.com/

I downloaded the original when it was just trial software for a rather expensive product, but now it seems Google has bought it up and released it for free - Bless 'em!

I can see my house from here!
    Ta Muchly

Pity -- I'm on Mac. Typical

That's a shame, but it says they are working on it Going from their technical descriptions it might not work on allot of macs, the ATI: Rage card isn't supported and those come on allot of Imacs, one of the most popular models (though the later flat panel Imacs should be fine.)

It's a pretty cool product all the same, shame the UK maps are so low res, I noticed my home city is in the wrong location too!
    Ta Muchly

*Sigh*.....can't download this...

"Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Google Earth Team"

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

I think you can read into that as "Too many people found out, and it overloaded our download servers"
    Ta Muchly

Oooh! Google Earth PRO has GPS integration! Cool! I can hook up my Garmin eTrex to my laptop! Can't wait for the Mac version !
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers