Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London hit by bomb blasts

London hit by bomb blasts

Not sure on the details yet but there appears to have been a multi-bomb hit in London!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4659093.stm

Ouch!, No news on causalties as of yet, but I don't suspect it will be good.
    Ta Muchly

Angry

Two casualties listed so far. Damnation.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Heard from a friend the total is about 20, from the live news, though of course as it comes through figures fluctuate
    Ta Muchly

Angry

And it looks like Blair just confirmed it, Al Queda has claimed responsability.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

We're live blogging the situation on http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

the administrator Charles isn't in yet and hasn't opened a thread dealing with it, so we're currently under this thread:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...mburg#comments

Updates as we get them. To my British friends: we're here for you, if you need us.

Just heard it in the news. What a tragedy. I hope the number of casualties does not rise even higher and I hope they catch the responsible terrorists.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Over 90 casulaties at Aldagte East tube station blast, two confirmed fatalities.
    Just seen pictures of a guy coming off of an ambulance receiving heart massage, and bloodied and burnt, poor guy.

Seven confirmed explosions so far, all within 45 mins of each other. One on a tour bus (ripped the roof clean off, looks like the bomb was at the back, upstairs), and six at tube stations:
    Liverpool Street, Edgware Road, Russell Square, Aldgate East, King's Cross and Euston.

One unconfirmed fatality at the site of the bus bomb blast.

My out-laws are here with me and my other half this week, and we were all going to go sight-seeing this morning, as they are non-Londoners. We decided not to, due to the British Summer doing it's normal downpour of rain, otherwise we would have been going through King's Cross as it happened as close as I can work out.

Definite ring-pucker factor six or seven!!!

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Wow you had a lucky escape there!

Yes this is a very coordinated attack, they've went for many of the main Train stations, which wcould have been so much worse if they'd went for Kings Cross a few days ago, when everyone was moving en-masse North, towards the G8 summit.

I have heard it's Al-queda also.

While the death toll is low right now, I imagine it will escalate once they a) have collated all of the evidence and b) the fataly wounded give out: Some people will have horrific injuries because of this
    Ta Muchly

Damn guys, good luck over there.

Alex

Don't know what to say...really... I'm quite shocked. My thoughts are with you in London today...

Absolute shocker!

Confirmed al-Qaeda according to Sky News.

Yeah, take care over there.

From Sky News web-page
    At least 45 people are reported to have been killed and 1,000 injured in a series of terror attacks on London.
    As to whom are behind it, it is still only speculations. Those speculations should be held in Sarek's lounge.

I hope the death toll will not continue to rise
    My thoughts are to everyone in London.

Update: Sky news have lowered thier numbers to "At least 33 people have been killed"
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 07-07-2005 at 08:58 AM. Reason: New numbers on Sky News site

Of course political discussions are to be left to the political forum, but Al Queda has claimed responsibility -> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm , so it's not just an assumption based on rhetoric. Of course such claims could be false!

There are now quite divergent death tolls, and I suspect it will rise as the true toll rears it's head throughout the day, several may yet still be underground in the tube network: This day is going to get allot worse I suspect
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Evan van Eyk
    Just heard it in the news. What a tragedy. I hope the number of casualties does not rise even higher and I hope they catch the responsible terrorists.
    Catch & Hang. Publicly.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    My thoughts are prayers are with you guys and your families; I sincerely hope none of you lost friends or loved ones. Stay safe.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz