Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London hit by bomb blasts

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    Catch & Hang. Publicly.

I think that's why this should be discussed mainly in Sarek's Lounge.

In part I agree with Cut on this one, opinions should be in Sarek's Lounge.
    Condoliances and news briefs here in general chat should be OK.

As for the events in London, I feel for you people. Stay strong, something you Brit's are known for.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

There are no official word of anyone taking responsibility before the attack. At the press conference, the information have so far been that there is no confirmed links between the webpage containing the claim and the bombs, or even that the page really have any connections with Al Qaeda. So the operative word is "Of course such claims could be false" which put us back to speculations.

The death toll will surely rise, even if no more injured or killed are found, as several of the critically wounded probably will not make it.

I just want to ask everyone to keep keep this thread to concerns, condolences, prayers, information and so on. When posting information, please use quotes if possible and add a link if it is from a webpage, so we can avoid misinterpretations. As this is an emotional situations, it is easy to let the thread get out of hand.

Just got information, as I am writing, that my father is allright, who is in central london at the moment. But I have still not heard from all of my friends who lives or work there.

Death toll is at 37 for now. The level of casualties is in the hundreds

We're all pretty shaky still here, as you can imagine. I am not too bad, but the out-laws are more in the 'what-if?' stage.

My thoughts are with everyone who has loved ones lost, or unaccounted for, as well as those injured and their families. Thankfully, (fingers crossed), none of my immediate family, or circle of friends seem to have been affected.

Many thanks to all those who have sent best wishes and sympathy.

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

My sympathies & prayers to the victims & their families affected by these terrorists attacks. My support & solidarity to all Londoners and British citizens.

I've been to London several times, recently as Feb. 2005. I have travelled on the Tube lines affected & been through the stations that were targeted. I have family & friends in London. It's a great city and the people are strong & will overcome this tragedy.

My heart goes out to all Londoners today.

Apparently my cousin had just left the tube at Liverpool when the blast when off. She heard it, but hadn't realized what had happened until she got to her friend's place. She's vacationing back in the UK and is FUMING mad.

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    My condolances to the British , and here's hoping that those responsible "resist arrest", regardless if it's Al Queda or the Provos or some combo of both. (Though the MO does match that of Al Q rather than that of the IRA. In Madrid there was a logistical connection between Al Q & the ETA in that the explosives were the sort that the latter used & are believed to have been aquired from them. I just can't imagine even the super-fringe parts of the IRA (like the "Real IRA" splinter faction) being crazy enough to bring this sort of grief down on themselves.)
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

It's now over 50 Guess the true figure is coming out.

Yes, sorry for quoting the BBC's Website there, apparently it was not confirmed with the correct codewords etc, so it is still presently not known who caused it. Watching Newsnight last night, the head of British inteligence believed it may have been caused by a very small group of people, probably working from the Kings Cross area, but again still supposition, at this point.

The IRA is an unlikelly suspect at this point because they (usually) give out codewords, they do this to draw attention to their situation, so if they didn't get press why would they do it? It's a curious detente they have with the British Government. Other terorist groups do so out of pure spite, or just anarchy, it's going to be allot of speculation till more hard facts come out
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    It's now over 50 Guess the true figure is coming out.
    That and the sad fact that those who were critically injured on that fateful day may not live through the medical treatment despite successful surgeries.

And there are people still trapped underground where the subway trains were bombed.

My condolences to our fellow British brethrens.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

My condolences, too. Once more, it's the innocents who are made to suffer.
    I was quite shocked when I heard it. I've often been to London, my thoughts are there.
    "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal death in judgement."
    Gandalf
    - The Fellowship of the Ring

On behalf of the Brits I know, I would like to offer heartfelt thanks to all the fellow Trekkers on this (and numerous other) websites.

Best regards,

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

While I keep the people of Britian in my thoughts, the sad irony of how on one day, I see Londoners celebrating beating out Paris for the Olympic bid.....

.....Then the next, those terrible shots of that bus torn assunder, and those all too familar sounds of sirens, alarms and rescue workers telling people to stay calm.

It's hard to wrap your head around such a drastic turn around.

And, if the NSA is listening, Porter Gauss said he 'has a good idea' Where OBL is hidding.

Get him.

Now.
    "The only way to kill a snake is to cut off it's head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    "The only way to kill a snake is to cut off it's head!"
    But that tactic fails to work against the hydra this has become.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Then we follow the Hercules stratagy:

Cut off the head, burn the stump.

(not sure what that means, but if you get really mad and say it in your head, it makes you feel a little better.)

"Offering Dragons quarter is no good, they regrow all their parts and come on again. They have to be killed." -- John Berryman

However, I believe the analogy of the hornet is more apt.

And when dealing with hornets, the answer lies not in swatting the single hornet... but in burning the nest.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook