Thread: Decipher Web Site

Question Decipher Web Site

It seems that none of the RPG writers have ever posted at Decipher's RPG board. It's not a very active place. Don, Steve, etc, would that be a drain on your time, or would not as many people see your postings? I've directed people from there to here, but there's been a lot of news here that hasn't been there. Are there any specific plans for more RPG coverage over there?

------------------
    Games. The Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year license. To breathe new life into get togethers. To boldly play what no fan has played before!

AFAIK they are planning to have more coverage over there. But I'm not responsible for that sort of thing, nor for providing "official" answers to questions, so no one's provided me with any specific info.

Every time I drop by the site, they don't mention the RPGs on their home page or anything like that, so I don't look around further. I wasn't even aware they had message boards.

Steve Long

To follow-up on what Steve said, keep in mind that I really can’t speak for Decipher in any official capacity (being a freelancer). I do know about the board over at their web site but have never posted there.

So far I’ve had little luck in arranging a teleconference with Christian and Decipher regarding their web site. Our original intention was to put together a Decipher sub-web dedicated to the RPG and Miniatures division.

Both Christian’s opinion and mine is to not replicate features that already exist, such as online message boards. Much better to direct people here and shield Decipher from any potential liability. I’ve not been shy on my own position about alternative (i.e. “competing”) delivery methods that serve to only further fragment what is already a dangerously small consumer base—I’d rather people come here. (The sum of the individuals makes for a greater whole.)

Thanks for helping people out, Cochrane.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 06-23-2001).]

Arrow

Personally, until Decipher change their antiquated message board (only sugar-coated with a graphic-intensive home page), I'd rather limit my visits there to once a week.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...