Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Intrepid releases trailer

So far from the federation I can't read your script

Hmm I'm not a sound engineer, but I think you need to try and deaden the echo, perhaps by painting a bunch of egg boxes blue, or putting them under your cloth, it sounds a little too much like your scenes are filmed in a cupboard Ok I'm going to stop now because I am begining to sound like a B*tch
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    So far from the federation I can't read your script

Hmm I'm not a sound engineer, but I think you need to try and deaden the echo, perhaps by painting a bunch of egg boxes blue, or putting them under your cloth, it sounds a little too much like your scenes are filmed in a cupboard Ok I'm going to stop now because I am begining to sound like a B*tch
    Actually, the echo was added purely for effect in the trailer.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I can understand you would want to make it sound like It's in a large cavernous room but it doesn't really sound like that. Hmm. Well it's your choice.
    Ta Muchly

I can understand you would want to make it sound like It's in a large cavernous room but it doesn't really sound like that. Hmm. Well it's your choice.
    Actually, it was our editor's choice.

Either way, the sound for the film won't be like that. Ironically, we do have some sound issues to sort out, but thankfully that isn't one of them.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

In case anyone's interested, we released an updated version of the trailer, with a new soundtrack and some tweaked visuals. In addition, we finished filming last month, so barirng some pickup work we're purely into postproduction now.

Any chance that there is a WMP verson of the trailer? The computer @ work is old and slow.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Very good stuff! The visuals are excellent. What I really like is the details like the great phaser-gun shot. Very cool! I am really looking forward to that!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Thanks Evan, I think this version is vastly superior to the original cut.

Sorry Jalu3, just the Quicktime and DivX versions just now. I'll see about getting a WMV version made though.

I have to say I was expecting to see tin foil and flashlight effects for phasers... instead I just cannot believe the quality of the FX. It goes to show you what can be achieved by devoted fans and computers nowadays. I wouldn't be that surprised even if one day we start seeing semi-pro shows that could rival what we see on TV.
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Looking pretty good, it's a nice cut!

I did notice a few errors is the title sequence, some of the glyphs have went funny?, otherwise, keep up the good work!
    Ta Muchly

The FX are good, as is the acting. But what is this about the Merchent Marines fighting Starfleet? Or did I misunderstand?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    But what is this about the Merchent Marines fighting Starfleet? Or did I misunderstand?
    You didn't misunderstand, but there is more to it. We just didn't go into too much detail for the trailer.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's finally finished! If I ever finish it, you're welcome to use my Pluto station as a relay or something
    Ta Muchly

If I ever finish it, you're welcome to use my Pluto station as a relay or something
    Actually, if we do the second film, I promise we will.

Don't make the promise too hastilly, it's got a little heavy on the polygons of late.. I can barelly load it in ram Hope your FX guru has a render horse with a bajilion gigabytes of ram Hmm.. I better finish it
    Ta Muchly