Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to beat the Borg???

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paul:
    What's to say that one of those many races assimilated by the Borg might not, if not assimilated, go on a xenophobic quest to purge the Galaxy of all life?

</font>
    They might be easier to stop. There's also the flip side to that coin, suppose one of the races assimialated would have created something very beneficial to the galaxy...Like the cure for some disease that has raved planets?

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Sorry, that should be "...ravaged planets..."

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Wink

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paul:
    That is pretty drastic, and definitely a "we've got nothing to else lose, it's this or nothing" action. By destroying the Collective before it begins, you are effectively re-writing 17,000 of Galactic History. </font>
    Of course anyone willing to let their campaigns include the return of Janeway and Voyager can reduce this 17,000 years of Galactic History alteration to around 800-1000 years considering the information gained from interaction with the Vaadwur.

Of course anyone who cuts Voyager from Galactic History would have no reason to gain this?

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"
    http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Concerning the references to a Borg biogenic weapon that, when spreadin Earth's atmosphere will screw over the population within a few years.

Engage Scott Evil mode:

Scott Evil mode engaged:

"COUGH!COUGH!Rip Off!"

Why does the entire idea sound like the end of Babylon 5 "Call to Arms" and thebasic idea of Crusade.

Just a thought.

------------------
    "I hate all monkeys, Me.
    From Chimpan-a to Chimpan-zee"

Troy McClure, The Simpsons.

I apologize for the lack of spaces in parts of my last posting on this board but the keyboard I'm typing on has a wonky Space bar.

Just in case you were wondering.

------------------
    "I hate all monkeys, Me.
    From Chimpan-a to Chimpan-zee"

Troy McClure, The Simpsons.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lone wolf:
    Concerning the references to a Borg biogenic weapon that, when spreadin Earth's atmosphere will screw over the population within a few years.

Engage Scott Evil mode:

Scott Evil mode engaged:

"COUGH!COUGH!Rip Off!"

Why does the entire idea sound like the end of Babylon 5 "Call to Arms" and thebasic idea of Crusade.

Just a thought.

</font>
    I don't know, I always thought it was a logical idea.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lone wolf:
    Concerning the references to a Borg biogenic weapon that, when spreadin Earth's atmosphere will screw over the population within a few years

Why does the entire idea sound like the end of Babylon 5 "Call to Arms" and the basic idea of Crusade.
    </font>
    To be fair, it's how you tell the story. Finding a cure for the Drakh Plague is different from a Borg-designed superweapon against which there would be no defense.

And, given Straczynski's devious mind, it is likely that the plague storyline would only serve to lead us into a second, more intense arc, much as he did with B5.

Historically speaking, inflicting disease upon your enemy goes back (at least) to Alexander the Great, who (I think) threw the bodies of plague victims over the walls of a city he wished to take.

Bob

I didn't think logic entered into the picture as far as Voyager is concerned.

------------------
    CHAKOTAY: "How far into the atmosphere do we need to get before we can go to warp"
    PARIS: "Well, Commander, I don't know, maybe we can land this ship but we stand a pretty good chance of f***ing over this planets atmosphere if we go to warp anywhere near this planet. you useless tw*t"