Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica: Current Episode (No Spoilers!)

Battlestar Galactica: Current Episode (No Spoilers!)

After reading a spoiler about ... something in episode 6 season 2 or something like that, I thought maybe it was a good idea to create another thread, so that people who want to discuss BSG's future without being called names for spoiling can do so (for instance on the "Battlestar season 2" thread ...

... and so that people who just want to discuss current or past episodes can do so here, without having to be extra watchful of spoilers .

So here we go. Please refrain from discussing things you may have read elswhere that haven't happened yet, and even if you happen to see "next week's preview", you don't need to describe what you've seen there here (for the anti-spoilers fundamentalists ), in short, refrain from spoilers of any sort.

That said, if you haven't seen this week's episode, don't come in here unles you want to be spoiled .

There, I hope some people are still reading this ...
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

... and I'll go first.

Episode 2 Season 2.

Wow! That's more what I expect from BSG! There were probably some minor inconsitencies or whatnot, but I was so near the edge of my seat from the action that I couldn't care less for them . Once again, we see Cylons as ruthless killers rather than scheming mystics. All right, maybe I have troubles connecting the mystics from last season to the killers from this one's first episodes, but I hope this'll be explained later in the season.
    Anyhow, truth be told, I think the killers are much better at creating suspense and literally riveting the spectator to the screen.

My VCR failed to record, or recorded over the recorded, Episode 2 if Season 2. Is there a website where I can download the second episode, or get a detailed synopses, or script?

Man I waited to read this until I saw the episode...Monday nights after 4 hours of SG-1 re-runs, BSG is shown again. I don't know what time it would be on locally for you but SciFi Ch pegs it at 23:00.

As for the show, the stuff on Caprica is looking fun: Love what you've done with the place, oh and don't forget your smokes

So when is Dr. Baltar going to snap...he's acting more edgy then normal.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

JALU3: Emule/Edonkey are your friends in this case ... I have no idea how legal it is to download episodes series recorded from regular broadcast ... not quite entirely legal I guess, but as long as you're not downloading DVD rips or mp3, you're probably safe . After that, it's more a problem of ethics. Since they're not showing the series in France until 2012 (at the earliest), I'm in no moral quandary about it .

TY both of you

Re: Martial Law on BSG

Aaaw come on JALU3, that was what this thread was intended for, discussing the last broadcasted episode! And you go on creating a new thread (with a spoilery title) wasting a good existing thread!

Sorry, I'm getting influenced by some other fora (is fora plural for forum?) I read, where we are asked to limit the number of threads and stick when possible to existing threads ... none such thing here .

Anyhow, as usual, I liked this episode. It wasn't exactly one of those that keep me falling from my seat, but it had the gritty feel of an episode that lays foundations for something big. And gods, is Tigh right, did he mess things up for when Adama returns!

So, just got to watch Ep 4 and 5 (season 2 of course).

Episode 4 ... nice, but no cigar. I mean, I've seen better from BSG. That said, I suppose this episode will be the cornerstone of the season, on which many story arcs will be based, so that's OK by me .

Episode 5: Now we're cooking. Once again, a BSG episode made me gripple the armrest of my seat and only release them when the episode is over. The Farm .... oooo what a wicked idea .

Yep the farm made you remember what there fighting for in this show.

I liked that Starbuck finally got off Caprica (As did Boomer) I was begining to wonder if they would get on with it or not. I mean the first part of the season has been good, don't get me wrong, but the overall story has not advanced that far from were it was at the end of last season. I will be interested in seeing if a rescue mission to Caprica or not to rescue the resistance.
    Draftsmen in Training

I just saw episode 7 (season 2) .

And I liked it. It was pretty good overall. Better than episode 6, which I found rather subpar (compared to other BSG episodes of course).

Adama is back to his old self, not the emotional old man we saw in episode 6 .

I missed the eye candy we could have had for the vipers/raiders fight ... but I must admitt the way it was shot rather improved the intensity of the scene, so I could live with it .

All right, although I wrote a big spoiler warning in the first post of this thread, I guess I should put one more there:
    WARNING, if you haven't seen episode 7 yet, reading the following will definitely spoil your fun!

I liked the nasty surprise at the end ... but I can't help wonder whether the journalist is a dormant Cylon (like late Galactica Boomer) who is only triggered at specifically programmed times, or whether she is a fully aware Cylon. Either way, when she saved Tigh, I couldn't help wondering: "All right, saving Tigh gives her some credibility, and if she's a Cylon, maybe they count on Tigh for messing things up again, but what if the one she was saving was in fact (H?)Ellen?" ... this would hint that (H?)Ellen is a Cylon ... which I have been suspecting from the time she got introduced on. Gosh, my English is awful, I should spent more time with you guys, I'm forgetting how to write .

Anyhow, what did you think of it?

Yep enjoyed the episode and the ending. Had not thought about the Ellen thing but it would make sense though I still don't know whether she is a cylon or a member of Human group which was hinted at at the end of last season.
    Draftsmen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Calcoran
    ... this would hint that (H?)Ellen is a Cylon ... which I have been suspecting from the time she got introduced on. Gosh, my English is awful, I should spent more time with you guys, I'm forgetting how to write .

Anyhow, what did you think of it?
    I think that this kind of thing is exactly what Moore wants fans to do ... like a classic episode of "The Twilight Zone" titled "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street". Essentially, if everyone is a suspect, you can't work together. We see some of this tension in the characters as they periodically debate the humaniform Cylons, but the writers have done a good job in transfering it to the viewers, I feel.

Eric: Sorry, what group? It doesn't ring any bell by me .

Just saw episode 9 season 2. And guess what? I liked it. Good solid episode. Didn't make me fall off the couch like some others did, but very good nonetheless. Pity the version I got had a bad advertisment gap just at the climax scene, it messed up the scene a bit ... oh well, I plan to get the DVDs anyhow, and the DVD version of season 1 is already on the way, I guess we won't have to wait too long for season 2 .

I was just a bit puzzled as to why it had to be Helo who came up with the idea of using carbon to cover the ship .

Helo is more of a 'out of the box' type thinker, and they needed some way to bring him back in to the good graces of the crew.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"