Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship help... again

Ship help... again

Hey all. Well the USS Duantless (Chandra Class) got toasted in the last adventure. She was rammed into a weakened Borg cube and went kablooey! Much to my delight and dismay.

Now the crew (who escaped) need a new ship, something special, so they can feel that they are unique (I had first thought about having Picard step down to become Commandant of the Academy and giving them the Ent-E, but that would be like wearing another man's boots).

I am open to suggestions... something special... Something that could be theirs.

Look is as important as the stats (this is a very cinematic game) and I am willing (actually more than happily) to go non-canon.

Help?
    Last edited by AslanC; 07-24-2005 at 04:04 PM.

Sovereign, Prometheus, Galaxy, or Intrepid are the canon ones that spring to mind. You might also want to look at a Norway or Nebula.

As long as you don't steal the ship of choice for my forum game... Cheyenne-class!
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

How about a Streamrunner. No show has been centered around one, and for the size they are relatively powerful. This way they can make it their own.

Or how about a Nebula. Large enough that its one of the biggest vessels in the fleet. Small enough that it's not a galaxy. Furthermore, you can use the Galaxy floor plans for the sauce section for visual reference.

I'd go with a Nebula or Akira.

Well I'm falling in love with this fan design. The Millennium class, well detailed and not too horrible with the Uber-fan-boy stuff.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Well I'm falling in love with this fan design. The Millennium class, well detailed and not too horrible with the Uber-fan-boy stuff.
    Nice ship, a bit small for what I am looking for, but over all a nice ship. The webpage is excellent, reminds me of the old Katana class webpage... which alas seems to be gone

How about the Defiant-A as you have suggest the Enterprise E but do not want to boot Picard and have them fill his shoes. With Sisko gone not as much problem with displacing the current captain and the shoes are not as big except to the Bajorans.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Defiant is way too small and militeristic for the campaign unfortunately (also why Akira, Steamrunner and other more agressive ships get ruled out too ) I am so lost as to what to do and the game is Wednesday... gulp!

What about a Nova- or Intrepid-class vessel?
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Nova is way to small (see Defiant class) and Intrepid has been exhuasted by 7 seasons of Voyager.

I think I may have to venture into the realm of fan designs exclusively.

Anyone have any cool fan ships they've seen pic of and have links to?

What exactly is the size crew are you looking at?
    Are you looking for a good balance between military and non-military, or something even less armed than average?
    Is speed an issue?
    Any other items you might want to volunteer?

Also check out Star Trek Miranda for a plethora of fan built designs.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    What exactly is the size crew are you looking at?
    Are you looking for a good balance between military and non-military, or something even less armed than average?
    Is speed an issue?
    Any other items you might want to volunteer?

Also check out Star Trek Miranda for a plethora of fan built designs.
    I want a ship roughly between Sovie and Intrepid. An explorere/multirole like an explorer. She has to be special. The kind of ship that can make a name for herself.

Fantastic Link BTW

Okay I am going with an Intrepid class

Now I just need a name.

Suggestions?

One player suggested USS Christopher Pike, but I felt that name belonged on a Galaxy or at the very least a Nebula.

Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria, Lewis, Clark, Zebulon, Magellan, Pioneer, Cassini, Hubble, etc...

Basically think of other exploration ships or objects.
    Phoenix...