Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOS stats in CODA

Question

Has anyone done up stats for Nurse Chapel yet?
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

I couldn't find stats for her either but your request motivated me, so I've just finished my interpretation of the character to add to the list:

Nurse Christine Chapel (prime)
    Species: Human

Species Abilities: Adaptable (+2 to Will); the Human Spirit; Skilled.

Attributes: Agl 6 (+0), Int 10 (+2)*, Per 9 (+1)*, Prs 9 (+1), Str 4 (+0), Vit 8 (+1)

Reactions: Quik +2, Savv +3, Stam +3*, Will +4

Profession(s): Starship Officer (Medical)

Professional Abilities: Field Medicine, General Medicine, Immunization, Rehabilitation, Starship Duty.

Advancements: 10

Skills: Computer Use (Retrieval) +4, Enterprise: Administration (Starfleet) +6, Entertain: Dance (Ballet) +2, First Aid (Human) +4, Influence (Charm) +5, Knowledge: Culture (Federation, Human) +7, Knowledge: History (Federation, Human) +7, Knowledge: Specific World (Earth) +7, Language (Federation Standard) +7, Medicine (Exoanatomy, General Medicine) +5, Observe (Spot) +6, Persuade (Oratory) +4, Ranged combat: Energy Weapons (Hand Phaser) +2, Repair (Medical Systems) +4, Science: Life Science (Biology, Medical archeology, Endocrinology) +6, Science: Physical Science (Chemistry) +9, System Operation (Medical Systems) +7, Unarmed Combat (Self Defense) +2

Edges: Command 1 (head nurse on U.S.S. Enterprise), Cultural Flexibility, Resolute, Skill Focus (Compassionate), Thinker.

Flaws: Pacifist 2

Health: 8

Courage: 5

Renown: 8

I've largely based them on Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy's stats from the Narrator's Guide, but tweaked them a little to represent her ensign status at the start of her career. I've lowered the Strength attribute, removed 'Diagnosis' as her professional ability, since all McCoy needs is "a top nurse, not a doctor who will argue every little diagnosis with me.".
    I also lowered the Skills 'Computer Use', 'First Aid', 'Medicine', 'Science: Life Science', 'System Operation (Medical Systems)' and 'Unarmed Combat'.
    I also took away the Specialties 'Medicine: Neurosurgery' and 'Unarmed Combat: (Brawling)', replacing them with the more appropriate 'Unarmed Combat: (Self Defense)'.
    I also added the Skill Specialties 'Science: Life Science (Medical archeology, Endocrinology) as well as 'Entertain: Dance (Ballet)', since they're mentioned in the Apocrypha of her entry over at Memory Alpha.
    I lowered her renown and ended up with 10 advancements. Still; better than Harry Kim!
    Last edited by Calastir; 09-15-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Exclamation

Wow, thanks! This couldn't have come at a better time!

My crew has an Edosian Chief Surgeon, but the Captain always wants to take the nurse along on landing party.

This was a huge help. Much appreciated.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."