Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOS stats in CODA

TOS stats in CODA

Hello,

Was there ever a post for the TOS characters for the CODA version of ST:RPG?

I'm looking for Kirk, Spock and Checkov specifically.

Thanks,
    Scotty
    Scotty

I Can't remember if Chekov is included, but Kirk and Spock are covered in the NG (Narators Guide) near the back fo the book.
    Ta Muchly

Question Coda TOS

I found Kirk and Spock in the manual.

Anybody have Checkov made for coda?
    Scotty

Question

Kirk, Bones and Spock are in the narrator's guide, but I'm looking for Scotty's stats in CODA.

Can anyone help me? Even homebrewed stats are welcome!

No published stats. What do you need them for?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I'd like my crew to meet Scotty in 2385, which is 16 years after the TNG episode 'Relics' with the Dyson sphere.

If no stats are available, I'm thinking of using Geordi's stats from Decipher's narrator's guide instead.

Are they going to fight them? I guess the question is whether you need a whole stat block if they're going to show up and be all 'rescue me.'
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The idea is not to fight him, but players can be unpredictable; They might propose a drinking match (Which I guess would be resolved by an opposed stamina test)
    But they'll probably ask his help in some engineering skill test.

Character Stats

Just in general, has anyone come up with stats for the major crews of the Enterprise, DS9, etc? One of the few things that bugs me about the Decipher books is the lack of stats for most of the well-known characters, besides a couple of people from each show. The Starfleet Operations Manual was so short - - surely they could have padded that out with stats for all of the main Starfleet officers we know and love. I can't be the only one who is running Star Trek that, say, would like to have stats handy for the bridge crew of the TNG Enterprise, but I can't seem to find anything on the interwebs. I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has come up with them already -- anyone possibly have a link or stats handy? Thanks.

-- Brian, running a campaign on the fringe of TNG, but eventually wants the Enterprise to show up to make the players happy

Quote Originally Posted by bzero View Post
    I can't be the only one who is running Star Trek that, say, would like to have stats handy for the bridge crew of the TNG Enterprise, but I can't seem to find anything on the interwebs.
    I don't know, you might be. What would you do with those stats?

Lightbulb

What does a narrator do with stats? Probably reference them when a situation in the game calls for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calastir View Post
    What does a narrator do with stats? Probably reference them when a situation in the game calls for it.
    But, assuming you're not shooting at them, what would call for it?

Like I said;
    The idea is not to fight him, but players can be unpredictable; They might propose a drinking match (Which I guess would be resolved by an opposed stamina test)
    But they'll probably ask his help in some engineering skill test.
    ...or armwrestle with Worf, play trombone with Riker, match their psionic skills against Deanna Troi, woo Tasha Yar, or play Parrises Squares against the lot of them. The possibilities are endless, so stat blocks for all the major characters from the television shows would come in handy for narrators who'd like to guest-star any of them.

And then perhaps some players might even just like to play those main characters.

Like I said;

...or armwrestle with Worf, play trombone with Riker, match their psionic skills against Deanna Troi, woo Tasha Yar, or play Parrises Squares against the lot of them.
    But in each of these cases, the point of that action would be derived from the narrative context. Whether you'd want the PCs to succeed or fail would depend on the consequences of the action, so the stats would be up in the air anyway...

Why does there always need to be a debate? The guy is looking for stat blocks, nuff said.

Do you know of any? If so, let him know where they are, if not, then c'est la vie.

For myself, I am sorry but I have not seen any stat blocks save those in the CODA books.