Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Minefield - Adventure Help

Social Minefield - Adventure Help

Well at the moment I'm working on an adventure, Social Minefield (Pending a name change, if I get SO sick of reading it ), and I am starting to get screen blind, white space phobia and pixel blindness: So basically I am calling out for forum readers, to see if I can get some help putting the thing together, and for some feedback!

I'm in the process of working on the Graphics, Layout, and well (quite obviously) writing it The adenture section is still largelly unfinished, since I was using this adventure for my players and I really required all the niggly details working out, such as some NPC stats, ant technology, over the adventure, which I largelly ran from my head

I'm really trying to produce this as an excersise in doing it: honing my abilities in 3D; writing; layout etc: All things I can do, but not always well! Its also a good excersise in seeing if I can make a Roleplaying book, as it's something me and several of my friends have talked about for some time, but never done!

The Adventure it's self is a complex, multilayered and modular, with several story elements which could unfold in a number of ways (which it certainly did when i ran it!), which when I finish it will present a number of avenues, hooks, and comolications for your characters to run into! The apendix at the back has a good deal of information on the protagonists and their respective technologies (this section being closer to completion), and could be used for any spin off stories.

What's doing my head in is working in isolation, as I prefer input; It's gets my mind working, so I'd really appreciate any help people can give!

If you intend to play in the game, don't download it, as it has many spoilers which will ruin the surprise, unfinished as it is

http://comby.star-fleet.org/Social-Minefield.zip
    Ta Muchly

Wow such a response!

Ok been doing a bit more work, and I've updated the cover and added some more Trekified graphics to the headers

Feedback appreciated!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Wow such a response!

Ok been doing a bit more work, and I've updated the cover and added some more Trekified graphics to the headers

Feedback appreciated!
    will read it when I get some time
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Thanks BC, I will have to do more typing too! Much to get done!
    Ta Muchly

Just DL'd it. WIll give it a look see and comments after lunch bud.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Thanks, and yes excuse the lack of completeness, my mind does not work linearly

I'm in the process of moving the map from Page 17 to 18, to make it a full page map: it looked pretty small when i printed it out the first time (not that I've gone to insane detail levels, but at the gaming table it looks quite small! I'm also looking to padd out the Newspaper into a full Newspaper, with a slight Victorian theme ( to fit the theme of the city pieces ) and help set the mood. I'm stopping short of doing Character portraits, as I am not a good figurative artist, I may get a friend to help me (who's better than I am) as it does help! I could also do with some more decorative Victorian backdrops, but my head explodes thinking of the detail on work like that (it would probably be prohibitive to do in 3D!)

It's just knowing where to stop!
    Ta Muchly

Haven't had time to read it, but the layout is fantastic... very nice stuff

Did you design the graphics yourself?

Yes it's all my own work on there Stuff I've been fiddling round with for a few months now!
    Ta Muchly

Wow! That cutaway of the alien ship is fantastic!

Great work man, great work!

Let me know if you ever take requests

My brain doesn't work like that, I have enough of my crazy ideas to get done it's still a work in progress, with a machine-slowing number of polygons There's an interior too, but It's bereft of futniture, so I haven't put it on there yet.
    Ta Muchly

NB: here's the render on it's own: http://comby.star-fleet.org/engine-parts-huge2.jpg , in case you wanted to look at it whole
    Ta Muchly

All in all very well done! The Layout is very good and makes reading easy and the cutaway is brilliant!
    I think if you keep that course the result will be very good!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Thanks Evan!

Updated that back page now, with the map, it looks better than the half page one, less squashed, and I'm starting working on a newspaper that looks like a newspaper, rather than a blue gradient, so you will excuse all of the fonts, I have like a billion of them and It's hard picking the right one! (ok I have only 895 fonts )

I'm looking for a Victorian paper to base it off if anyone has any suggestions, before I have to go to the real library! Oh no, walking and things Want something suitably bland for a scientific News paper, probably the Times in the late 1890's will be fine, i just don't have a copy (must remember to check if we kept the comemorative issue!)
    Ta Muchly

I've found this page which has scans of several newspapers from various periods. I'm sure there is something from the time you are looking for.

Haven't read your preview, yet. Just had a quick glance, so I have nothing to add to what the others have said.

I'm looking forward to the final version.
    Last edited by Ergi; 07-28-2005 at 01:33 AM.

Most useful thanks Ergi Low res, but i just anted to get a feel for it. i also managed to track down our copy of the VE day edition of the Times, from the 40's, which i pretty cool too.
    Ta Muchly