Thread: BSG (Season 2 Episode 3)

BSG (Season 2 Episode 4)

Did anyone see it this week? Things are really spiralling down.
    Last edited by Karg; 08-07-2005 at 12:39 AM.

Damn it's late and old age is catching up to me

Episode 4 was what i was talking about!

Down but up, I mean I see whats coming and I think it will work but they are really painting some characters into cornors I don't think they can get out of, Colonel Tye being one of them. On the up side we know there are at least 8 cylon infiltrators in the fleet now and I'am not so sure what side Baltar is really on nowadays.

Ahh. . . remember the simple old toaster days of yester year when all was so stright forward and black and white? I am really missing those days but I still like this version awhole lot.
    Draftsmen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Karg
    Damn it's late and old age is catching up to me
    BTW, happy belated 40th birthday, Karg.
    May the next 40 years be even better.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I watched the last half of the episode Friday, and it continues to bug me what they did to the Tigh character. The other thing that bugs me is the rampant improper behavior amongst the military personnel in the show.

SPOILER ALERT!

The gauntlet scene just seemed out of place on a fleet carrier, with military personnel playing the part of the angry mob. As I watched it, I immediately thought of Lee Harvey Oswald's death at the hand of Jack Ruby and how inappropriate it was for a military setting.

The lack of military discipline on this ship is starting to wear thin, making the show look more like Melrose Space than BSG. I'm pretty good at suspending disbelief, but that's one area that I can't overlook.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Yeah I know what your saying but do you think that the crews actions are a result of Tigh's lack luster leadership and declining in crew discipline again owed to Tigh's problem and Adama's situation?.
    Draftsmen in Training

I thought those persons who were part of the mob were civilians on one of the non-military ships of the fleet. For my impression was the only government vessel was the Galactica.

nope I would say that Colonial One is a government ship as well. However Galactica is the only military ship so far.
    Draftsmen in Training

(SPOILER)

Yep, the riot/angry mob was made by/of civilians, on a civilian ship. Remember, boarding party, getting the supplies the ships did not want to deliver because of the martial law?
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    BTW, happy belated 40th birthday, Karg.
    May the next 40 years be even better.
    I havn't been on lately but thanks

Spoiler Alert

Yah, in regards to the "Original" "Boomer getting shot", yah, if that was on the Galactica that would be a bit upsetting to me as well Sea Tyger. If anything you would think that she would be taken down an empty corridor, with Boomer getting shot in the back, from an openned door. That's what I would have written it.

Now, in regards to the most recent episode . . . sorry all but I work during the period which it is aired, so I record it. Don't really get a chance to watch it usually until Monday Early Morning.

Now the "New" "Boomer" pulling that loyalty play was interesting. Made you wonder. That and the map was an interesting take on it. Furthermore, the ending was nice.

Now, how are they going to traingulate that?

ON a side note: I just wish that most of the male characters didn't have personality issues that you could drive a Duce and a Half through.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric R.
    On the up side we know there are at least 8 cylon infiltrators in the fleet now and I'am not so sure what side Baltar is really on nowadays.
    No, we don't. People threatened by torture or death will say anything to evade it, often. She had seconds to respond. Chances are, she made it up.