Thread: So... About the Starships book...

So... About the Starships book...

I might be out of the loop a bit... but some of the stats in there seem totally bizarre. Like... the Keldon class in general, the weapons on the K't'inga... i mean, doubleyoo tee eff?

And what's with the lack of Miranda in it, anyway?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The Cardie stuff seems underpowered to me, but that's based off of what I saw in DS9. The K'tinga is an old design and the numbers look about right, but I would have though the modern Klingon stuff would be a bit harder hitting.

The keldon just makes no sense, as it has crappier operations systems in exchange for more transporters. I don't get it.

and the k't'inga-refit's weapons are less powerful than the original k't'inga's (not to mention the time bracket being totally wrong), leading me to believe the two got switched
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    If you go to the Consolidated CODA Ships List thread in the Utopia Planitia forum you'll find a link to the modifications I did to many Klingon ships from the book.

Here's a link to my tweaks.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Ooo... thanks.

Indeed. We ran the comabt system using two K'Tinga's vs to refit Connies. It wasn't even a match. The Connies beat the Klingons within 3 rounds so bad they were forced to either ram or withdraw.

Several of Dave's ships are a tad underpowered. My errata document for "Starships" has beefed up Don-versions.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Will we see this in this lifetime?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    Will we see this in this lifetime?
    Depends...how old are you?
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Or are we ever gonna see the table top mini starship combat rules you eluded to having way back when?

I'm 39. My wife's younger than that, though, and our child isn't due until January, so perhaps one of their lifetimes, if not my own....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    Or are we ever gonna see the table top mini starship combat rules you eluded to having way back when?
    I never promised any mini rules. You thinking of v1 of the starship combat system? That was (more or less) mini based. In any event, unlikely.

The "Starships" errata is done and just needs to be laid out all nice like. I've been working on it for like 3 months, off and on. Whadda expect for free?

Man, tough crowd!
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mappin
    The "Starships" errata is done and just needs to be laid out all nice like. I've been working on it for like 3 months, off and on. Whadda expect for free?
    .doc file?