Thread: FASA material in other Star Trek sources?

FASA material in other Star Trek sources?

Hi all,

Just wondering what influence FASA's material had in the scope of the Star Trek publishing universe? Were any of FASA's original ideas used in novels, books, comics, or TV series? While some of the information was later contradicted, it would be nice if the some of the authors' creative works lived on in other officially published material.

danielc56

Well, John M. Ford's Klingon novel The Final Reflection was developed in parallel with the 1<sup>st</sup> edition of the FASA supplement The Klingons. He and one of the developers were roomies at the time, ans since they were working on parallel projects, they cross-pollinated. Concepts devised for the book appeared in the game and vice versa. In fact, Ford wrote bits of colour text for the game supplement "in conjunction with" one of the characters from the novel.

Some of the technical data Shane Johnson used for Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise were based on the FASA Starship Construction Manual.

A few of the starship illustrations created for the game (notably the Lotus Flower Class which FASA put forth as the class for the Kobayashi Maru) appeared as Okudagrams on The Next Generation.

And I think comic artist Gray Morrow was using FASA material when he did some issues for DC's Star Trek series...a Romulan Nova class battleship, if memory serves...

Quote Originally Posted by UFC465537
    And I think comic artist Gray Morrow was using FASA material when he did some issues for DC's Star Trek series...a Romulan Nova class battleship, if memory serves...
    You are quite correct, 1 did show up in the DC run of Trek

I was just watching the TNG episode "Survivors" and Picard mentions some Andorians hiding in the "triangular system" that dismantled their ship to hide from a Starfleet Admiral.

The Triangle, as any FASA trek player can tell you, was one of their great supplements and additions to Star Trek lore. A perfect place for rogues, merchants, etc, as it was outside of UFP, Klingon or Romulan jurisdiction.
    ----
    Byteknight

Please visit my gaming blog at

http://fasatrekker.blogspot.ca/