Thread: Flash Earth

Thumbs up Flash Earth

http://www.flashearth.com/

Appears to combine Google Earth and MSN Virtual Earth into a flash application. pretty neat actually
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I can see my house from here! (chuckle...) Looks like the data for Albuquerque in my area's about 30 yrs old.

My house, my car, one of those little blobs might be me. Best guess 2-4 years based on the vehicles near by.

38 degrees 47' 35" N
    105 degrees 15' 20" W
    That's about where I'm sitting at this moment.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    The data for New Orleans looks to be from late winter, early spring 2004, judging from road work, construction at where I work, and the parade reviewing stands on Vet's.
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

I was able to find of four locations where I lived. However, I am still looking for Ft. Benning. Tried to follow the insterstate, but that didn't prove to successful.

I've heard that military installations, nuclear power plants and buildings of similar potential interest to terrorists have been erased from the maps at google earth, at request of the US government or the responsible department.

Here's where I live. +/- 2'', it's hard to tell with the resoution available for my region.

Talking

My place

40 degrees 40' 18" N
    97 degrees 18' 10" W

look for a little gold car in a parking lot. The southwest corner of the building to the north is my flat
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    My place

40 degrees 40' 18" N
    97 degrees 18' 10" W

look for a little gold car in a parking lot. The southwest corner of the building to the north is my flat
    Dude! You live in a corn field? (Though, this would explane Bouncy's humor...)

To be fair, here's where I work. My apartment is here , and I go shooting here .
    Last edited by Cybrludite; 08-21-2005 at 10:30 AM.
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrludite
    Dude! You live in a corn field? (Though, this would explane Bouncy's humor...)

whoops...err

40 degrees 48' 18" N
    97 degrees 18' 11" W

I can't see my part of the world exactly, owing to the level of detail. The area near my parents is on map that is several years old. How do I know? Simple, the Wembley Stadium shown is the old one, which was demolished several years ago. The new one is scheduled to be ready for next year, and construction started three and a bit years ago, if I recall...

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Talking Got to be careful with this thing...

Went looking to see if I could find a friend's place in Calgary, but the controls are so...touchy, I wound up in the Saragaso Sea...and I don't know how, one second I was over Max-res Calgary, next "splosh" .

Funny thing is, I could help but think "Transporter Malfunction".
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

I think my part of the little village I live in is:

51 degrees, 43' 1" N
    1 degree, 43' 7" W

:-)

It is hard to tell as the definition is poor

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Well i am about
    55 degrees latitude 2' 39"
    2 degrees longditude 30' 26"

but it's hard to tell, because just like google earth, I live in a fuzzy low res image
    Ta Muchly