Thread: Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack

Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack

The newest incarnation of BSG has an intriguing soundtrack. While I miss the original theme, I think they could have added it here and there, if only in the background, I like the "mysterial" touch of it, which matches the series' discrapancy between "today military" and "prophets".

there is one theme, that I like most. It has a backpipe in it and I would call it the "Appollo and Commander Adama theme". I heard it first when they had a talk out in the hangar bay at one of the vipers. I am not sure which episode it was. Then I heard it again at the end of the current episode 2.06, where Adama has to make his decision and does so ( don't want to spoil others, but I think you know what I mean ). While its only a variant with more drums in it, its still this basic theme.

Now what I would like to know is, is this piece on any of the soundtracks? There is a soundtrack for Season One, I found out and one for the mini-series, is it on any of these?

Thanks for the reply!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I don't have the miniseries soundtrack, but I did pick up the Season One Soundtrack for $15 at a convention, and I seem to recall hearing the bagpipe theme. I'm not 100% sure though, I'll have to give the CD a spin.
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Thank you very much.

I have the mini-series ST. I'll take a listen.

I'm listening for...bagpipes?
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

According to a friend, the piece you seek is on the soundtrack for first season

Yeah, its rather slow and a little sad. not unlike the Braveheart theme.

Listen for yourself

at least to a bit here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846

It's probably Track 6 "Good Lighter" as it features some uilleann sounds.
    And have I mentioned I have not seen a single minute of that show so far?

Could someone please alter this huge link down a little and tell me how that is done? I don't know that much about using computers after all I'm afraid...
    Last edited by Cut; 08-24-2005 at 04:32 PM.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Battlestar Galactical Soundtrack

How you do this is to type the data as followed within the html tag brackets "[" "]".

url=(insert url here)

Then, write whatever text you want immediately after. This becomes the text for the link.

After that, you simply close the /url tag with brackets.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    According to a friend, the piece you seek is on the soundtrack for first season
    Ah. Must seek out and find!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    Battlestar Galactical Soundtrack

How you do this is to type the data as followed within the html tag brackets "[" "]".

url=(insert url here)

Then, write whatever text you want immediately after. This becomes the text for the link.

After that, you simply close the /url tag with brackets.

Thank you for trying...I still haven't gotten it right yet, I'm just a brainiac when it comes down to stuff like this.

Yeah, Cut that is the song, thank you. thank you all, folks! I looked over at amazon.de if I could find a preview, while they had the CDs, they had no previews online - I never got the idea to check amazon.com

Cut, you can watch the season one finale for free at the official website of BSG, over at scifi.com, I think - or just google for it. the series is really excellent! Probably the best sci-fi series of this century so far and I think way better than Enterprise, e.g., although I really liked ENT.
    BSG is dirty and dark, the characters are ( very ) flawed and there are no "heroes", but average people. the plot twists are interesting and surprising. Not to forget the attempt to create a real physical environment. While its still flawed it is a good mixture between reality and pure fiction. Ad the CG-effects are stunning! Its really a great show!

thanks again folks, for your help, I will order the CD right away

Glad I could be of any help. Enjoy the music

Due to my old equipment here I think I'll have to wait for the series to someday air in german television...

You can get the DVD box of Season 1 for 30 bucks at amazon.de via one of the other dealers there( directly via amazon it costs more than two times of this, since its a UK import ), just in case

Although that's tempting, I'm afraid I have to keep my money together. But who knows for sure if I can resist temptation forever