Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sito Jaxa thing

Sito Jaxa thing

From Memory Alpha's entry for Sito Jaxa ...

She was originally intended to turn up alive in an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine but unfortunately this never came to fruition.
    Anyone know anything about this? This is the first I have heard of it and would really like to know more.

While it would have been nice to see another 'regular joe (jill?)' character show up again, and Sito was a cutie, I t hink it would have ruined it to have her show up again.

Unless her 'dying' on the mission was just the start of the actuall mission.

Many speculate she was supposed to come back at some point, but I have never heard anything concrete about it.

Maybe she would have been a prisoner? Or a converted spy (There are 5 lights)?

I was just wondering if this info came from something like the DS9 Companion or some other pseudo official source.

Sort of how Kira was supposed to be Ro but Michelle Forbes and the producers couldn't reach an agreement.

Don't know the source of the info on Memory Alpha, but I do know that she'll probably turn up alive in my game. Since one of my players' characters is kind of dating her at the Academy right now. Going to be a crappy summer break for him, her being off on Enterprise and all.

This guy has brought Sito Jaxa back in his fan-fiction, which I occasionally steal ideas from.
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    Sito was a cutie
    I'll second that

It's kind of a shame that she didn't make an appearance in DS9, but her death is all the more poignant because of this. Very often (and you see this all the time in comics) writers diminish a character's death by resurrecting him or her. Just let them be! But she was a cutie

Joe's USS Liberty is well known to me... he is a prolific member of the STPMA.

I'll never mention you steal ideas from him, he has strange possessive values on his work (which one could argue is simply stolen from Star Trek, but I digress)

I don't remember having seen this in the DS9 Companion, but it's been some time I've read it (extremely interesting and insightful book IMHO).

Having Sito Jaxa back could have been interesting... especially handled with DS9 grim tone. I'd see her having become a Cardassian spy after a very hard brainwashing, and maybe being killed by Kira or Worf because of it (the effect of the brainwashing disappearing only while she's dying). Okay, maybe this would have been too angsty even for DS9 (but that's something I'd not be surprised to see in the relaunch novels).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Question

Just curious, but what has the actress who portrayed Sito been doing lately?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

She was a cutie, and her death was unfortunate. However, if done correctly it could be more heart renching then her supposide death.

I agree, but it owuld have to have been done during the DW, afterwards would seem... I dunno... like there was less to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Just curious, but what has the actress who portrayed Sito been doing lately?
    Not much, apparently.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277179/

She's no LGT, but close.

How's April these days, Aslan?
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Having her turn up alive, on DS9 would have raised some suspicions, especially from her former boss, Worf.

If during the war, it would be blood test city.

Of course, there's always a time loop. (She, just prior to the mission, was sent forward in time, where she helped Worf and company, only to be drawn back to her death.

A bit 'Cosmic Reset Button'y, but it would work. (and we all know certain producers just love to have time travel episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    Having her turn up alive, on DS9 would have raised some suspicions, especially from her former boss, Worf.

If during the war, it would be blood test city.

Of course, there's always a time loop. (She, just prior to the mission, was sent forward in time, where she helped Worf and company, only to be drawn back to her death.

A bit 'Cosmic Reset Button'y, but it would work. (and we all know certain producers just love to have time travel episodes!
    Not even that. Remember the episode when Bashir, General Martok, and Worf were in prison. She could have helped them out . . . and died as they were escaping. Like pulling the stitches out of a healing wound again, bringing back the old painful memories, and creating new ones. And here's a twist, have her, in her dying breath tell Bashir that she loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    And here's a twist, have her, in her dying breath tell Bashir that she loved him.
    *winces as if in pain*

It's a twist I would not have liked, borders on extra cheesy.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer