Thread: Tom Robinson and Admiral Cartwright are gone.

Unhappy Tom Robinson and Admiral Cartwright are gone.

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Also played Sisko's dad didn't he?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Yep. Brock Peters portrayed Joseph Sisko in a half dozen episodes of DS9.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

You are correct...

He was Sisko's dad.

Funny; he was a very good, believable actor: I remember hating his Cartwright, as much as liking his portrayal of Ben's Father/Jake's Grandfather.
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Unhappy

My deepest sympathy goes out to his family.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

He was also on the original Battlestar Galactica for an episode, but he was great as Cartwright and Joseph Sisko.

RIP Brock Peters

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

I recently heard his performance in the NPR radio dramitization of Star Wars (some 25+ years old) - he was an excellent Darth Vader. Actually, all the roles I can think of him in were memorable - he definitely had a presence and will be missed.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Never cared much for Cartwright, but I really loved his Sisko's dad. Another great ST actor goes...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I hadn't heard. That is a shame, and yes he was one of those army of bitpart characters you grow to love, and make the whole more believable. he will be missed.
    Ta Muchly

Brock Peters was one of those character actors that while never being a 'star', was always recogniseable and familar. Wether playing a heel (Catright or Lord Vader) or a hero (Grandpa Sisko or Tom Robison), he always brought a certain quality to the performance to the role that made it more believable.

Strangely enough, in my house, Mr. Peters IS considered a star; we see him immediatly when ever he's on screen, and we love to hear his voice. His talents will be sorely missed.

I never realized that he played Sisko's Father and Cartwright. I watched "Mockingbird" way back in school, during english lessons and did not know until now that he played Robinson. He also played Vader in the radio drama, so he obviously was very versatile.
    My condolences to his friends and family!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11