Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    So where's this one from?
    Both the Longbow and the Washington are from the Star Fleet Battles Game. The Longow (CC) is the SFB 'mainline' ship - at least when their ability to use the Connie was in a bit of question. The Washington (SCS) is their heaviest carrier, and their largest ship.

Now watch this thread turn into an argument about Carriers being in Trek... :P

It won't happen with me, but considering my personal opinion of SFB and their design philosophy, I don't think for a moment I'll be using any of those designs.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

It won't happen with me, but considering my personal opinion of SFB and their design philosophy, I don't think for a moment I'll be using any of those designs.
    I'm fairly picky about the designs. A lot of the 'uber-twinky' variants I won't be using, or certainly won't be statting them according to the SFB's numbers. They've got a few nice-looking ships in the mix, though, such as the Hellespont ... I went ahead with the Washington since I wanted /one/ heavy carrier in place, and the Santee and Coronado don't quite fit the bill.

We're not going to be seeing eight classes of Dreadnoughts and forty variant classes of Battleships, though.

"And First of Two did see the Thread, and proclamed that it was Good."

Keep on keepin' on.

"It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

USS Hellespont Class Destroyer

Burke Class Destroyer

I think your having too much fun with grayscale. The art is looking great however.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

ooooh....neat
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

My first attempt at the 'movie-lines' ... not quite happy with the saucer's side and front views, though... so consider the Hermes Refit a WIP for now.

And kept my word about getting a new ship up with nine minutes to spare! :P

Hermes/Nelson Refit Class Scout

Now we are cooking Movie gen ships rock and roll

Any chance you would think about doing a movie gen version of the Nelson?

This one I don't count, since it has a single pylon to the nacelle, where the Nelson has that sexy V action there

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    Now we are cooking Movie gen ships rock and roll

Any chance you would think about doing a movie gen version of the Nelson?

This one I don't count, since it has a single pylon to the nacelle, where the Nelson has that sexy V action there
    I was thinking, timeline wise, that they would refit both Nelson class and Hermes class ships to this specification - with new builds going to the Oberth class sometime in the late 2270s.

I mean, the only difference IS the V... But, if there's demand, it's easily enough broken up.

The Planet Killer

Jenghiz Class Destroyer

This is a refit of the FJ Saladin class, which presumes the Saladin was lost before she could be refit to these specifications in 2271.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Jenghiz Class Destroyer

This is a refit of the FJ Saladin class, which presumes the Saladin was lost before she could be refit to these specifications in 2271.
    This is so very sweet!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

This is so very sweet!
    Photon tubes come out okay? I had a bear of a time getting those to look remotely right, as they're so inconsistantly drawn , and the pics of the Enterprise herself doesn't quite show what they should look like 'dead on'... alas.