Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Photon tubes come out okay? I had a bear of a time getting those to look remotely right, as they're so inconsistantly drawn , and the pics of the Enterprise herself doesn't quite show what they should look like 'dead on'... alas.
    They look okay to me, though I have to admit I'd hate to be the gunners having to man them, considering their proximity to the warp nacelle. I'd probably consider a rollbar arrangement (a la the Miranda-class) or a secondary pylon to mount the photon torpedo launchers over the saucer, though that might look a little unwieldy.

If Meyer hadn't gone to such great lengths in ST2 to show that those were manned stations and not automated, it wouldn't be such a big deal.
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 09-19-2005 at 09:06 AM.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

USS Izmail Class Cruiser

(Based on a Fan design from SSTCS, completely reworked)

USS Decatur Class Cruiser

Still looking good

USS Surya Class Frigate

Ah the Proto-Miranda, where are you getting all of these cesigns from?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Ah the Proto-Miranda, where are you getting all of these cesigns from?
    All the images being done now are my redraws. The original designs, of course, come from a large variety of sources, such as FASA, SFB, Star Trek itself, LUG Trek, etc ... I'm basically compiling as much as I can to make a 'realistic' TOS fleet - working it in within the original framework ... that of the US Navy circa 1945.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Decatur Class Cruiser

This one looks really ugly to me. Hmm.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Poolshark
    I hate fed ships with three nacelles......actually, I dislike all fed ships with odd numbers of nacelles. They always look odd to me.
    Three nacelles i can deal with... it's the one-nacelle designs that i just can't take. If i'm ever going to use the Larson and Nelson classes, i'll throw on an extra nacelle (making the Larson look like a streamlined derf, and the nelson a streamlined, um, tug?)
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Klingon Type D-7 Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by C. Huth
    This one looks really ugly to me. Hmm.
    Not my design.. I think the secondary hull goes down too low, both in form and function. It looks a bit better from other angles, but - in this case - it's pretty obvious the designs had a great side view in mind, and didn't pay much attention to the other two views.

Fortunately, the hull shrunk a bit, top-to-bottom, in the TMP version, the Belknap.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Fortunately, the hull shrunk a bit, top-to-bottom, in the TMP version, the Belknap.
    Yeah, I noticed that. I got very tempted to go ahead and make that modification to the Decatur as well... but I wanted to keep pretty true to the original design. In this case.. maybe I should have tweaked it more.

USS Taurus Class Cruiser

From Steve Long's Spacedock

USS Loknar (Refit) Class Frigate

It's bizzare. FASA goes to the trouble of writing up this ship, then doesn't ever show it except for a very badly drawn, and inaccurate (no torp launcher in view, etc...) side view... What's odder is that I couldn't find a version of this ship that really TRIED to be a Loknar upgrade. I found some 'Phobos' class pics (all of which different), but none of which came close to the lines of the Loknar.

So... here it is.