Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale

USS Nelson (Refit) Class Intelligence Scout

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    Since mine is already a late movie era game, it's great for me....
    I'm really glad you like the movie-era refits. I've always been slightly afraid of drawing more 'modern' designs, because there's a lot of lines that have to look JUST right, with the asthetic used. It's way too easy to over-detail or under-detail a TMP design. :S

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Nelson (Refit) Class Intelligence Scout
    Oooh, pretty. New background.

Um, from the front it looks like you've only got one phaser bank, but there's two on the top view.

But that's just being picky.

I'm really glad you like the movie-era refits. I've always been slightly afraid of drawing more 'modern' designs, because there's a lot of lines that have to look JUST right, with the asthetic used. It's way too easy to over-detail or under-detail a TMP design. :S
    You seem to hit it pretty much on the money.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blake
    Um, from the front it looks like you've only got one phaser bank, but there's two on the top view.
    And you're right. I made the same mistake on the 'non-refit' version. Silly of me, I added the extra phaser bank to help differientiate the Nelson from the Hermes... but didn't make the correction in either of the front views.

Updated both pics in my archive, so when I get the PDF together, it'll be correct.

But that's just being picky.
    Not at all. It's not as bad as - say - forgetting the torpedo launcher on the Loknar or something, but I like to get the details as right as possible, and I know I'm going to miss a few.

You seem to hit it pretty much on the money.
    Thanks, immensely. Like I said, it was tough to sit down and do - the toolkit saucer 's top view took me longer to draw than the entire TOS connie. The warp engines were a bit of a pain as well - I think, overall, it was worth it, though.

Granted, I get to take another day AGAIN soon to do the warp engines and 'saucer' of the Oberth... *shudders*. I'll probably tackle the Archernar upgrade first, though...

LOVE IT!

Great work man

USS Capella Class Surveyor

(In case you're curious, this is the actual design meant for the USS Antares in TOS, but, due to time constraints, would never actually be built. It's too bad, really, as having a model for a 'survey' ship would have added a lot of depth to the Trek universe in TOS...)

(In case you're curious, this is the actual design meant for the USS Antares in TOS, but, due to time constraints, would never actually be built. It's too bad, really, as having a model for a 'survey' ship would have added a lot of depth to the Trek universe in TOS...)
    Ooooh, something else I can cook stats up for....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

USS Constitution (Refit) Class

You know how to frustrate Neale? Have the 'deflector clamps' be different in all six movies, and, on top of that, have them inconsistantly drawn in every official product we produce!

(Slight update with the clamps and shuttlebay)
    Last edited by TFVanguard; 09-26-2005 at 10:43 AM.

Yes the clamps do look a little off I can live with that. Also the hanger bay in the top view looks too long and too straight.
    So far this is the only design I noticed anything out of place on.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Yes the clamps do look a little off I can live with that. Also the hanger bay in the top view looks too long and too straight.
    So far this is the only design I noticed anything out of place on.
    Okay, I slightly retouched the pic...

I combined the clamp styles from Mr Scott's guide (for the internals) and the Ent-A from TUC for the more angular sides. It's still off of any one model, but I wanted to be as consistant as I could with the majority of them.

I tweaked the shuttle-bay as well. I had the curve of the rear of the shuttle too shallow, looking at larger guides. It's more correct now.

Hmmm, I wonder what this'd look like all TMPed.

(subtle hint, huh)

Alex

Federation Class (Refit) Battleship

Federation Class (Refit) Battleship
    I think I love you.

Is that a second shuttlebay aft, where the old second sensor dish used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blake
    Hmmm, I wonder what this'd look like all TMPed.

(subtle hint, huh)

Alex
    Well.. sadly... I'm thinking that quite a few of the old surveyor classes were just considered 'obsolete' come the 2270s, and just got all replaced with the various builds of Oberth class ships. :S

More than likely, the Capella class was retired completely rather than refit. For a smaller ship like that, it would make more sense.

More than likely, the Capella class was retired completely rather than refit. For a smaller ship like that, it would make more sense.
    I tend to agree, FWIW. It would be an interesting look, but I can't see them doing it.