Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DS9 Characters, Coda-fied

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidator Queeg
    Good work, Scorp. Schweet!

I'll definitely get use out of these write-ups when I eventually get my online Trek game going. Thanks for the legwork!

Cheers,

LQ

P.S. It's cool to see some of the Ferengi material I wrote turn up in character write-ups!
    No, muchas thank YOU for writing this uber-nifty material to draw from!

And yes, next in line are Damar, Kasidy Yates, Leeta, and Jake Sisko ... probably when Christmas Break gets here.

I'm back in college now (after a 5-year+ hiatus ) going for an AA in Computer Networking ... and working, and being a family man, and working on side RPG projects, and GMing 2 games per week (right now, Coda Trek and Mage: the Awakening ... ).

But enough whining. Until then ...

Are you interested in doing Enterprise crew?

Okay, do you mean:

(1). <i>Enterprise</i> NCC 1701-D and NCC 1701-E crew members? Maybe ... although I was going to wait, since Chris McCarver (sp?) was going to do a NextGen netbook, and have all of the stats of all of the crew members as of every season.

(2). <i>Enterprise</i> NCC 1701 (no letter) and NCC 1701-A crew members? Maybe ... I grew up on the classic-Trek movies on VHS. Problem is, even through the movies, their stats would vary so wildly ... I'd probably have to choose an arbitrary point, say <i>Wrath of Khan</i>, at which to stat them up ... I prefer to run games in the DS9, post-NextGen era, but I could possibly be persuaded to do this thing.

(3). <i>Enterprise</i> NX-01 crew members? Honestly, I've seen a mere handful of these episodes, and have a few on tape given to us by friends, so I wouldn't be the most qualified to do so, even during Christmas Break now when I have some time.

(4). I doubt you mean <i>Enterprise</i> NCC 1701-C ... do you?

Very good work. I'm sure I can find use for a few of these characters in my upcoming campaign. Though for my use I'll have to advance these characters by about 14 years.

I had meant Enterprise NX. Also have you read any of the DS9 books with Commander Vaughn, LT Nog, Lt Ro, and Ensign ch'Thane and if you or someone else could add their stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy
    I had meant Enterprise NX. Also have you read any of the DS9 books with Commander Vaughn, LT Nog, Lt Ro, and Ensign ch'Thane and if you or someone else could add their stats.
    Read a few of them.

(1). My campaign takes place during the Dominion War, so I'm unlikely to write these guys up any time soon. I'm just sharing what I've got written up already.

(2). Separate but related note: I <font color="ee0000"><b><i><U>hate</u></i></b></font> what they've done to the Andorians. Sorry, wife and I are Andorian junkies. <b>Old-School</b> Andorian junkies. Sorry, ch'Thane.

And sorry Jonesy. Just hadda get that out of my system.

<i>Wanders away singing to self, "It's the least ... wonderful time ... of the year ... "</i>

Is there a chance that we may see these in an upcoming version of BTFF? Or as a collection pdf for simpler download. I have to admit, that due to the format I didn't read them in any depth...

I can pdf them, if you like, although I lack the mega-spiffy layout expertise of many of the members here. Or perhaps simply fill in Doug's uber-spiffy form-fill pdf character sheets.

I can also submit them to BtFF. I went with the plaintext format because everyone should be able to use it. I know they aren't all that legible on-screen pasted into the posts here.

To be honest, since I heard that the Coda DS9 book will see light of day ... eventually ... in pdf format, and since I've gotten a chance to sit back and let someone else GM for awhile, I haven't been as driven to complete these (although I still think the use of some fan material, like the good ol' Divine Treasury of Ferengi Character Options , is kinda neeto in and of itself).

Alas, I'll need at least a week or two to even start on them. In addition to going to college full-time, and working part-time, and being a husband and daddy, now I'm in the middle of apartment-hunting, since a portion of the ceiling fell in about this time last week.

So, they will be coming, I just needs a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    I can pdf them, if you like, although I lack the mega-spiffy layout expertise of many of the members here. Or perhaps simply fill in Doug's uber-spiffy form-fill pdf character sheets.

I can also submit them to BtFF. I went with the plaintext format because everyone should be able to use it. I know they aren't all that legible on-screen pasted into the posts here.

To be honest, since I heard that the Coda DS9 book will see light of day ... eventually ... in pdf format, and since I've gotten a chance to sit back and let someone else GM for awhile, I haven't been as driven to complete these (although I still think the use of some fan material, like the good ol' Divine Treasury of Ferengi Character Options , is kinda neeto in and of itself).

Alas, I'll need at least a week or two to even start on them. In addition to going to college full-time, and working part-time, and being a husband and daddy, now I'm in the middle of apartment-hunting, since a portion of the ceiling fell in about this time last week.

So, they will be coming, I just needs a little time.
    A PDF at whatever point of time (well, especially one point of time before release of a DS9 decipher product ) would be very welcome.

I think most of us enjoy a pretty layouted file but having all those character information in one datafile would be great as a resource. As you said, one can always fill out a charactersheet if need be

On the other topic: I wish you well for your studies and the appartment-hunt.

I would also be interested in seeing them in a PDF, the format messes with me as well
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

I tried to import them as a text file and lay it out, but with the volume it took me ages and I gave up, it would be much easier if I had the file as.. something, rather than a forum posting
    Ta Muchly

Scorpion what did you originally do them in? Word? If so could you post the link or something similar?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Scorpion are you still around?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    I tried to import them as a text file and lay it out, but with the volume it took me ages and I gave up, it would be much easier if I had the file as.. something, rather than a forum posting
    I have copied and pasted them into my WORD and so have now a single Document file for each of those write ups posted by Scorpion.
    @Tobian: I could mail you those if you could fit 'em into a .pdf more easily then. Just let me know.

Other CODA-fied crews

I just wanted to ask if someone did a similar write up for another Crew, say VOYAGER or so.