Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DS9 Characters, Coda-fied

Sorry I haven't, but would love to see one. If you get that PDF up let me know, I'd love a copy
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Unhappy Sorry for long delay!

I know that I said LONG ago that I'll get qround to typing up these characters in a more legible format, but I should have more time now. My last final of the term is tomorrow afternoon, and I'll see about starting on the typing-up after that.

I guess what finally kicked me in the butt was PGoodman's statement that he wasn't sure the Decipher DS9 book would ever see light of day; I dreaded this was the case, but to hear him say it, makes it much closer to a sad reality than was previously the case.

Awesome
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    I guess what finally kicked me in the butt was PGoodman's statement that he wasn't sure the Decipher DS9 book would ever see light of day; I dreaded this was the case, but to hear him say it, makes it much closer to a sad reality than was previously the case.
    Just to make myself clear, I'm also not sure Decipher itself is going to see the light of day each morning. I think they're in a lot of trouble, and though they're trying to climb out of that hole they've dug, it's a deep hole.

That said, I'm hoping to get all the material in the queue out to the public eventually. I've discovered that I'm more patient than I thought I was, a little more stubborn than I thought I was, and that certain folks at Decipher are pretty stubborn, too...in a good way, for us at least.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Pretty sweet. I think I'd bump Garak and Julian's Presence scores up though.
    Founder and Administrator of the Oregon Gamers Forum

Exclamation Presence of Garak and Bashir (and Bashir)

For Julian's Presence:

It seemed to me that Julian was alternately charming and annoying, even when he wasn't showing his inner arrogance. Not that he was unlikeable, just he never seemed to convince people to give him what he wanted.

As for Garak, I was really torn. Garak _can_ _be_ very persuasive, but others (like Sisko, _In the Pale Moonlight_) find him abrasive. Even though his Presence is pretty low, I think his Skills and Professional Abilities more than make up for the lack.

And BTW, I finished making what I tend to think of as a decent-looking Decipher Trek character sheet, and typed in Julian. You can see and download the sheet form the link below:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html</a>

Tell me what you think, before I get typing in scads and wads of other characters; is this format better, more legible, etc? And let me know if you don't like the color scheme.

Very nicely done character sheet. It is quite legible, great format; infact, would it be possible to get a blank copy of these sheets for use with our own characters ??

Character sheet

Look on the bottom of the page once more; I just added a blank PDF document.

I'd hardly call this "professional", but I'll accept flattery ...

The main thing I'm unhappy with is the way that the columns often don't quite match up 100% (because of how I set out the table and then kept splitting up cells like the Chainsaw Vigilante); but if I removed the border lines, this might not be as noticable ... another project for later!

Also, I split the "Subskills and Specialties" column into two columns; looks better on a blank PDF document to do it that way.

Thanks!

NIcely done. Thank you! Looking forward to the rest of the crew whenever you two can find time to publishing them. Thanks to the both of you.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Just downloaded that.
    Looks cool. Thanks a lot...

Slight revision to my sheet

Thank you! Looking forward to the rest of the crew whenever you two can find time to publishing them. Thanks to the both of you.
    You are confused, friend; I am but one man ...

Now posted on <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">the site</a> is a slightly revised version of the character sheet. A little better utilization of space, and a little better planning, which resulted in fewer weird off-center lines.

Unless strong objection is heard, this will be the sheet for the DS9 crew ...

Hmm, much better, but it's still got wonky lines

Perhaps you could use less black outlines, and that would draw less attention to the problems! Remove the black outlines from the vertical, and just keep them on the horizontal maybe? I guess your flexibility is reduced in Open Office, but it might look cool slightly LCARSified, but word was suck ass at layout, so I don't expect writer to be too much better
    Ta Muchly

Thumbs up Brand new! And, er, kind of improved!

Check <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">the page</a> now. I took your suggestion, did away with all of the black lines, and added lighter-colored horizontal background bands. It does look rather LCARSian, which is a bonus.

Now, it might be a little tricky for home use with all blank-white columns in the Skills section (no boundaries between columns), and the vertical alignment still isn't quite right. What do you think? (I'm no layout artist, be gentle) ... is version 3 better than version 2, or should I stick with version 2 (lines) for the DS9 characters?

Yes, Word has negligible functionality for tables. The table-producing utility in OpenOffice 2.0 is wonderful; it's just that big tables have lines that "wander" just a few pixels. And the program is definitely worth the asking price..

Hehe well yes free is good

Your newer version looks much better, and as a possible suggestion, you could alter the vertical and horizontal stripes to form a plaid (tartan) style effect, so put a similarly light blue vertical column, and where they overlap, put a slightly darker shade...

Yes the columns aren't quite in alignment, but it's less noticeable without the lines ! The flip of that is BTW to put in white lines, thus visually pulling everything apart.
    Ta Muchly

Tartanized and ready to roll

Thanks for the suggestion about using white lines, Tobian! I had already but in some grey "tartanizing", but the white lines made the column mis-alignments almost unnoticeable.

This is about as good as the character sheet is probably going to get. So I'll get on the writing-up tonight after work ..

Finally, if anyone else wants to fiddle with the character sheet some more, attached _should_ be a zipped archive of the ODT file used to make the PDF character sheet ... just keep my credit in there, wouldjathanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files