Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DS9 Characters, Coda-fied

Looking good, though the fonts would have been useful for editing and opening purposes

I'll have a look at it, see if I can do anything with it!
    Ta Muchly

fonts

Late as usual ...

In this ZIP file should beTrekbats, Arial Narrow, and Eurogramma, which are, as I recall, the 3 fonts I used in this sheet ...

Character sheet postings shall continue/commence tonight ..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Garak posted, more to follow

Garak is uploaded to <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">the site</a>, more to follow ...

Somehow, in the initial writeup, I forgot about Garak's claustrophobia! This is now fixed.

Thanks for the fonts.. I managed to track down trekbats on http://www.dafont.com , but eurogramma seemed to be a mystery font: Very similar to Microgramma (which I am guessing is why you chose it) the Font detailed in Mr. Scotts guide to the enterprise, as the font on the ship
    Ta Muchly

Oh and I forgot to mention... on the skills data - second to last column, you have 'misc mod' - but it says 'misc Fnord' Took me a while to work out WHAT that typo was supposed to be
    Ta Muchly

Or IS it a typo ...

(I was being silly, failed to resist. Reference to <u>The Illuminatus Trilogy</u> by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea).

BTW, One thing I'd strongly considered was producing different color/theme character sheets ... y'know, dark red for Klingons, dark green for Romulans, orange for Ferengi, golden/yellow for Cardassians, maybe all black and dark greys for the Dominion, etc.

The Coda stats for DS9 characters are very interesting.

However, personally, as a Narrator, I would never use any of the major Star Trek characters in my campaigns in such a way as their stats would be needed.

Rather, I would only use the iconic characters of Star Trek as flavor for the campaign, perhaps in cameo appearances. Someone in the background or someone to us as an ally or resource when needed. I think reducing these famous characters to stats (however good those stats may be) diminishes their true worth in a campaign. After all, these are the major heroes of the Star Trek universe. They should be people the players & their PCs look up to & try to emulate.

Also, I would not use any of these famous players as major NPCs in the adventure b/c I wouldn't want the PCs to rely on them to do any skill checks or actions that the PCs should do. If you have Data in your group, why should the PCs try to figure out some complex scientific problem? If you have a warrior like Worf, why not let him do most of the fighting? If you got Picard, why not let him make the decisions, since he's obviously more skilled as a leader?

Anyway, that just my 2 cents. It is, nonetheless, interesting to see how one might Coda-ify these characters.

O'Brien

O'Brien is posted at <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">my Trek site</a> ... more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem'hadar
    The Coda stats for DS9 characters are very interesting.

However, personally, as a Narrator, I would never use any of the major Star Trek characters in my campaigns in such a way as their stats would be needed.
    Thanks!

I doubt I'll get a lot of use out of them also, at least on a regular basis. But there are a couple of possibilities:

(1). I know my players would love the chance to face off against a few of the bad guys, like Weyoun or Dukat. Could the Orb of Time (or the Pah-Wraith equivalent) be used to bring him back? Or could a hidden store of Weyoun clones be found after the war?

(2). The stats could be used as a basis for the stats of the main characters' Mirror Universe duplicates, who are suitable antagonists (if not bad guys, then at least not very nice people!).

(3). It'd be interesting to run a "very special episode" of one's campaign as a crossover, with each player taking on one DS9 character, as well as one's own character.

(4). Guest appearances. Your genetically resequenced PC gone thru a lot of stress lately? Maybe they're losing their minds, and Bashir can put in an appearance to stabilize the genetic enhancements (and he might not succeed without the help of the CMO PC ... ). Making a run to Cardassia, and need some info? Garak might have the contacts you need ... but you have to convince him it's worth his while, or interesting, to cooperate.

(5). And of course, although my numbers are, of course, my opinion and thus a bit arbitrary, it might be interesting for new players familiar with Trek but not familiar with Coda to see what skill levels certain characters might be assumed to have.

Of them all, I like Option 3 the best. But mostly, I did this out of a sheer love for this series, the characters, and for fun.

Talking Odo and Ezri

Of the whole lot, these two were the hardest to write up. But I did, and now they're at <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">the site</a>, all typed in to the new character sheet.

More coming soon ..

rom and nog

Just posted Rom and Nog at <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">my Coda Trek site</a>.

Just have to finish Martok, and then I'm on to the bad guys: Winn, Dukat, Damar, and Weyoun ...

Finally got around to posting Dukat, and working on Martok (some more) now ... !

Thumbs up Martok

Martok and Weyoun! have now been posted at my young <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">Coda Trek website</a> ...
    Last edited by Scorpion; 08-29-2006 at 02:36 AM.

Winn

And now, Kai Winn, updated on my <a href="http://www.geocities.com/tormento_khan/trek.html">Coda Trek</a> webpage.

That's all of the characters I had originally written up and posted in TXT format, now in prettied-up PDF.

I may still get around to writing up some new characters, like Damar, Sloan, Grand Nagus Zek, Quark's and Rom's Moogie, Leeta, the Female Changeling, Keevan, or others ... any suggestions?