Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CODA] Cassini Class Explorer WIP

Here is the first set of instructions I had given to show what I was taking about in regards to the look and feel I wanted, based on the Chandra model from Feyman yards. No biggie, thought some of you might get a kick out of it is all

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    You're absolutely right.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    You're absolutely right.
    About what exactly? I have never known you to be cryptic

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    About what exactly? I have never known you to be cryptic
    I was responding to this:
    Still to each their own, lord knows we don't all have to agree
    I started posting before you sent the second one.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

And he is doing all this for $100? Okay, I would do it, too, provided I had the necessary programs and such amazing skill.

Maybe you haven't thought about it, but I suppose the bridge dome is supposed to contain the main bridge and an observation lounge in the aft section. You might want to place another two escape pods between those areas. Although this would require moving less important rooms to the second level, it would be closer to the official design trend of installing escape pods close to the bridge.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Ahh cool Stuff Alsan, it's looking much better now than before, Coolhand is doing a really fine job!

There is enough space on that top module area to place two escape pods imediatelly aft of the bridge, and before the conference lounge, which would be a neat feature!

The texture map is looking pretty nice. Is he going to model that ot just leave it as a map?

PS: If you want Icould do a lightwave conversion for you Aslan.. at least then I could get to play with it too
    Ta Muchly

In the end it is costing me $250 not $100... but it is worth it

As for these escape pods, can you give me visual refs please? I can't picture what you are talking about in my head.

Model the texture map? Not sure what you mean here either.

I would be more than happy for you to convert into LW, just no releasing it to the mesh community at large please

Here is a drawing of what I (and I think Tobian as well) meant.

A little bit too short, overall, but you should get the picture. No pun intended.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Yep Ergi, that's just what I meant, and yes his is a little less short, so it would fit better.

If you hung out more on Scifi-Meshes more you'd know what I was talking about.. it's a little difficult to explain, basically I mean model the features which are now being simulated by a textured image, such as the windows..
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Ergi
    Here is a drawing of what I (and I think Tobian as well) meant.

A little bit too short, overall, but you should get the picture. No pun intended.
    Now I see what you mean. Once he gets to the bridge module I will certainly suggest that, I like the look of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    If you hung out more on Scifi-Meshes more you'd know what I was talking about.. it's a little difficult to explain, basically I mean model the features which are now being simulated by a textured image, such as the windows..
    I have no idea. As it stands, I am just ordering the steak, I have no idea how the cow is being slaughtered.

Any more neato pictures?

Anything?

At all?

Alex

Nothing new yet, the final stages of the design are underway should have something by the end of November... artist is tied up with pro comissions.

Wow thats good work from Coolhand

Nice design too
    Look forward to see her finished.

/me is Adriel on SFM
    Last edited by Pantoufle; 11-01-2005 at 06:23 PM.
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate