Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decipher Trek RPG announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    In other words.. did he miss it already?!
    Well, as i can't see the original post, he might mean today or next week...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Uh. Another Decipher announcement... had a lot of these in the past. Mind you, it's the first one really talking about the Trek RPG (the previous ones usually were along the lines of : "Great news for Trek fans and RPG fans! New LOTR RPG products and new CCG Trek products! Aint'it cool ?" ).

I wouldn't hold my breath about it, but at least they're talking about the damn thing. Maybe we could now expect a release of the Extended edition (PG + NG + Ent sourcebook) somewhere in the first half of 2006. Or maybe just another announcement around XMas 2005 saying that there might possibly be a release of TrekRPG products in 2006.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by C. Huth
    Well, as i can't see the original post, he might mean today or next week...

The original post was posted 9-26, this Monday AM. I am therefore assuming he meant next week as in October 4-ish.

Which means that if nothing is forthcoming, the executions may be scheduled as early as October 14th. My birthday!

Happy birthday to First,
    Are things better, or worse?
    Will we have a new product,
    Or Decipher in a hearse?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Hmm, we might have to talk about that First of Two. My birthday is October 16th and only new trek RPG books or Warren Holland in carbonite will satisfy me.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

My gut instinct - hardly infallible - is that this is going to lead us into one of four possible scenarios, each more implausible than one before it:

1. Announcements that the Worlds et al material are going to become Netbooks...release date pending, and which will ultimately fizzle out with a half-hearted "Sorry, guys" due to the overwhelming precedence of the new CCG.

2. Announcements that the Worlds et al material are going to become Netbooks...release date pending, and which will be released sometime within the next twelve to eighteen months.

3. Announcements that the Worlds et al material are going to be released in hardcopy, a la the LotR book that came out early this year. Cheap production, bare-bones graphics, but at least the damn thing will be there.

4. Announcements that...aw, you know the drill by now. A third-party publisher has agreed to pick up the line as a whole and publish them as designed, with all the bells and whistles included. Yeah, I'm laughing and crying at the same time thinking about this too.

In the end, I have to lay my money down with what Don claimed earlier: DecipherTrek died out over two years ago, is dead now, and is anticipated to remain dead - not "mostly" dead, but completely - for the balance of the universe's existence. If I'm wrong - hey, I'll be the first in line to get that helping of crow; but until then, it'll be nothing but shakes of the head and sad smiles from here.

^ I guess the question is: If new product came out as either a PDF or in print, would you buy it?

Much as I've had issues with Decipher, I'd probably shell out $$ for the new products.

Talking I'm not kidding

“Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

But why carbonite? That would only tend to preserve him. I don't want him preserved.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    But why carbonite? That would only tend to preserve him. I don't want him preserved.
    Well, you know, he left out the active control panel that KEEPS him preserved.

You know, that pic looks more like Dan Madsen than Warren Holland. I could be wrong, I guess.

Well you two will have to get in line behind me, my bday is the 3rd
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

I don't know anything about carbonite, but let me tell you a story about a catheter hooked up to an IV full of hydrochloric acid...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I think it's too good to be true ...

Cross fingers anyway.
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Announcement window 50% elapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Announcement window 50% elapsed.
    Which window is that? The Lazurus, or the Anti-Lazurus