Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serenity-the movie

Serenity-the movie

I saw Serenity last nite at a free pre-screening in NYC. The theatre was packed w/ fans & non-fans alike. I don't want to give away any spoilers but I thought the movie was great. If you've seen the Firefly show & liked it, then I think you'll like the movie. There are some questions answered in this movie too that lingered from the TV show.

I also talked to a couple of patrons who had never seen Firefly & they both enjoyed the movie. I don't think you need to see the show to enjoy the movie, but knowledge of the show will give you subtle understanding of some events in the movie.

Serenity has action, drama, comedy & cool special FX. The plot is interesting & the pace moves things along.

I enjoyed this movie & I hope you will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem'hadar
    I saw Serenity last nite at a free pre-screening in NYC.
    First let me say "I hate you", and second "congrats". I hope see the movie here soon.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I saw Serenity last nite at a free pre-screening in NYC.

"Smithers, release the hounds."

Jem'hadar, we don't take kindly to folks who get free pre-screenings in these parts.

I'll be flying a C-130 from Arkansas to Idaho on opening night, but I have every intention of seeing it this weekend. Wonder if I can talk the pilot into reversing the props on one wing so we can try a Crazy Ivan.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    I'll be flying a C-130 from Arkansas to Idaho on opening night, but I have every intention of seeing it this weekend. Wonder if I can talk the pilot into reversing the props on one wing so we can try a Crazy Ivan.
    Why does the mental image of a Herky Pig trying to mimic a Typhoon-class submarine make me shudder?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Jem'hadar, we don't take kindly to folks who get free pre-screenings in these parts.

You are going to try this on the ground first...right?
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

I wonder how long it'll take to get to South Africa? Sin City hasn't even been released here yet!

Have you guys seen this review?: http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...1&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    First let me say "I hate you",...
    Ditto, says my green-eyed monster.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I just picked up Firefly recently (last two days) and I'm torn about the movie. should I see it before I finish the dvd set or not?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    I just picked up Firefly recently (last two days) and I'm torn about the movie. should I see it before I finish the dvd set or not?
    If you've started the series, I'd say finish it off. I was lucky enough to be off work Tuesday when Sci-Fi had the Firefly merithon on, now I'm realy hooked. If I could ever catch the pilot.
    Phoenix...

no way, finish the dvd before

Damn i have to wait still more then a month to watch the movie here in belgium !
    Its been two years i've been waiting for this to happen
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

I concur with the Masses, watch the DVDs first.

Sarge:

Alex

And more, if you are watching it on TV and know someone with the DVDs, watch the DVDs - apparently the TV stations have a knack for leaving some episodes out and showing others out of order.

I'm going to see Serenity on Monday (just finished watching the entire Firefly series on DVD on Wednesday night) and cannot wait to see it.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron
    And more, if you are watching it on TV and know someone with the DVDs, watch the DVDs - apparently the TV stations have a knack for leaving some episodes out and showing others out of order.
    Nope, it's not the fault of the TV station nearest you. It's FOX Network. They gave their affiliates what episode to air, usually broadcasted on the same day (for those on different time zones).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Oh, fair enough. Well, the end result is the same...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...