Thread: A Blast From the Past

A Blast From the Past

http://www.theshadowchronicles.com/t...hp?id=tvteaser

http://www.robotechespanol.com/comicontrailer.mov

Voice acting needs a bit of work...but it's only place holder. the animation is fairly impressive

Robotech. A name I haven't heard ina long time
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I wonder what the Synopsis would say . . . for if memory serves me, the last thing that happened in the Robotech universe was that that ragtag group of fighters had the Invid leave the earth . . . Or am I missing something.

It picks up with Scott Bernards Search for Admiral Richard Hunter and the SDF-3 fleet. About 1 month after Robotech: New Generation
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

All I gotta say is, it looks f*cken power! Can't wait to see it

Seems like all the obscure stuff we liked as kids is finally getting the recognition it all deserves.

That's because we're a fiscal force now. But hey, whatever it takes to displace some of this low quality anime they are peddling. Don't get me wrong, I Love anime, however I am feeling that some of the stuff that is now being distributed here to the states (especially to the youth) are of lower quality then previously distributed at its beginning.

But isn't that the point of anime, to be of questionable quality in the first place, much like B-movies? Yes, there are certainly some high-quality, top-notch anime movies out there (not that I'm a fan-boy actually), but IMO, anime has always been about mood, emotion and concept, not production values and film excellence.

I will admit, story has always been more of a driving factor of anime films/series over graphics (however this has improved with time).

However, what I was attempting to state is, due to the move of anime into the mainstream and the now known fact that substantial profit can be made by distribution of said anime, more lower quality anime has made it passed the citadels of good taste to the rest of the world from Japan. Where as, previously, the quality of anime was, on average, better then the current average IMO.

I mean just turn on morning cartoons for children now a days, and alot of that anime is deplorable!

-Types this while listens to Minmey-

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    I mean just turn on morning cartoons for children now a days, and alot of that anime is deplorable!

-Types this while listens to Minmey-
    Yeah, I can only stomach so much Teen Titans and The Batman (now includes Batgirls but no Robin) series for so long.

I personally rather have my anime like my foreign film, in its original format and language with subtitle, and untouched by Hollywood-American Creative Bastards. Robotech being the exception (though Japan's Macross is still better).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer