Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale II

USS Belknap Class Cruiser

(Going to try to get caught up a little more today!)

USS Beowulf Class Surveyor (Derf Refit)

Hex Sheet Counters for Volume One

USS Aaken Class Freighter

Ugh, I hated doing this ship. Dana Knutson once again proves a complete lack of effort, despite this ship having mostly original lines. Every last line had to be redrawn and rescaled, with stated components once again added to the artwork where it had been lacking before... ugh...

Federation Mobile Repair Facility (Container Type)

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Beowulf Class Surveyor (Derf Refit)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is too sweet!

How did you arrive at Beowolf from Derf? Is there a connection?

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Aaken Class Freighter

Ugh, I hated doing this ship. Dana Knutson once again proves a complete lack of effort, despite this ship having mostly original lines. Every last line had to be redrawn and rescaled, with stated components once again added to the artwork where it had been lacking before... ugh...
    Umm...Fore view, deflector dish.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Umm...Fore view, deflector dish.
    Yeah yeah.. I put up the wrong version, in my rush to put the bloody thing to bed. :P The right version is already part of Starfleet #2. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    How did you arrive at Beowolf from Derf? Is there a connection?
    Beowulf was just one of the early ships of the Derf class (FASA, 1st edition), so nothing special about the name connection, sadly.

Glad you liked it. I had a lot of fun with the refit.

USS Revenge Class Battleship

This is a request, really, on making a TMP-era 'Galaxy Refit' ship. I decided to fill her out accordingly and put her as part of the 'scrapyard fleet' assembled after the Borg attack in TNG and before/during the Dominion war. She's heavily gunned, but, like most of the scrapyard fleet, relies on components that are nigh hopelessly outdated by the time she's in service.

I foresee much pain...much pain indeed....

Might even have to stat this one out.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Shouldn't the central nacelle be just a tad bit higher? While I don't agree with the divisable by two rule for nacelles, nor the 50% visability with the other nacelle. I feel the Bussard should be clear of the ship. But that's just my opinion.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Shouldn't the central nacelle be just a tad bit higher? While I don't agree with the divisable by two rule for nacelles, nor the 50% visability with the other nacelle. I feel the Bussard should be clear of the ship. But that's just my opinion.
    I originally had it there, but it looked really bad. I decided that since the third engine was likely just being used for power and not warp ANYWAY, that setting it back down wasn't a big deal in this case.

Besides, look at the Excelsior.

I'm not saying the nacelle need to be sticking way out above the bridge, nor do I think you need full frontal exposure (however on some classes that would be nice...must bring mind back from gutter...). I'm just looking at it thinking the center nacelle could stand to be raised 3 or 4 pixals, in the profile view it looks as if the ventral portion of the nacelle falls below the dorsal protion of the impulse engine.
    Phoenix...

Yeah, not EXACTLY the most sexy part of the starfleet...

Starliner Pod

Colony Pod

Assault Pod