Thread: Borg?

Borg?

I've always decided on not using the Borg in my Campaign, but how do those badguys work according to the rules?

I don't know how anyone else does the Borg, but with my game it's just like any other character Species Template + Overlay + TOD's. The only real diff is in the equipment.

I don't remember there ever being book rules on them but there is some fan books that cover some parts of the Borg design. I can't find it right now but the thread labeled Star Trek RPG Index II (or something like that) covers the web page that can link you to nearly anything usable for your game, plus you might want to check out Owen's web pages, including Memory Icon. That has become the default home for all things ICON.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I once did a Voyager netbook, which is available at Memory Icon. There are rules how to use Borg in it, and they are not complicated or something - maybe you want to take a look.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I read it & it was good.

The main obstacle to using the Borg depends on the style of game you want to play. For an RPG, the Borg as presented in Voyager (jokingly labelled 'pussy borg') are best because despite their nature and fearsome reputation they are flawed and as long as the players come up with an unusual method of fighting can be beaten.

But the original Borg as introduced in TNG would be unbeatable under all but the most unusual of circumstances... In this case the Borg become a plot element rather than a bad guy... but if your players are determined to face them, chances are, they will all be playing new characters the next week.

So as a Narrator, you need to know how you want the Borg to appear in a game before you use them, and under the circumstances above it is very difficult to accurately represent the Borg with rules.

As any RPG'er knows, once a foe has been statted. It can be beaten. For the Borg, I would suggest no rules to be developed for them, to ensure they keep their power over the players fear...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I like to have the Borg between TNG and VOY, The Borg as a whole cannot be defeated, delayed maybe. Individual Borg drones or small groups of drones are within the realm of survivability for a competent group of players.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Has anyone thought of doing stats for a Hazard/Anti-Borg Team. Using weapons from Star Trek Elite Forces 2 game and in The Return by William Shatner he had Shelby develop an Anti-Borg unit in the Intelligence Division. Also stats for the Hazard team and their uniforms.