Thread: I'm afraid!

I'm afraid!

You got Star Wars in my Transformers!

You got Transformers in my Star Wars!

Two geek things that go great together?

STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS SERIES 1 ACTION FIGURES CASE - An all-new line of 8 scale figures that combine the legendary characters and vehicles of Star Wars with the dual function of the Transformers. This assortment is scheduled to include: Luke Skywalker (transforms to X-Wing), Darth Vader (transforms into TIE Fighter), General Grievous (transforms into Wheel Bike), Obi-Wan Kenobi (transforms into Jedi Starfighter) and/or others. Blister card packaging. Scheduled to ship in April
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

It's all for the money.

Well, I love TF. but I'm not a huge Warsie, so...

Now, a Transformer/Trek series, THAT I'd buy.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Another stupid idea, brought to courtesy of Hasbro. Boy, and thought it was a mistake what Has-all was doing to G.I. Joe ('Sigma Six' can KISS my rounded hind-quarter), but this surely is some kind of desecration...still, the idea of a Death Star/Unicron, has mertit...that's IT.

And First of Two:
    Check the attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Meh.

I truly do not care how Hasbro invest their money in new lines of toys for their own label. I only care when Hasbro invest their money on subsidiary like WotC.

If it works for them, kudos. If not, it's their own fault.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    Now, a Transformer/Trek series, THAT I'd buy.
    I dunno. I can't really see a Kirk figure transform into a Connie ship. If it were the L-13 (Fat Man) Class Battleship -- albeit Klingon -- that would be more prudent.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Meh.

I truly do not care how Hasbro invest their money in new lines of toys for their own label. <snip>
    From Hasbro copyright page:
    STAR WARS © 1999 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM All Rights Reserved. Used Under Authorization.
    TRANSFORMERS © 2001 Hasbro Inc. Manufactured under license from Takara Co., Ltd.

So neither are Hasbro line of toys.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Licensed or not, Hasbro is the authorized manufacturer of the above. Hence they can put their label on it -- and profit from it -- as much as Decipher can put theirs on current Star Trek Roleplaying Game line.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan