Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale III

USS Huth Class Cruiser

Okay, I'm just playing around here, making a 'movie-era' shovel just to get an idea on how one might look. Obviously, I strapped it on the Belknap and modified where needed. :>

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    Okay, I'm just playing around here, making a 'movie-era' shovel just to get an idea on how one might look. Obviously, I strapped it on the Belknap and modified where needed. :>
    Not bad, though I've always detested the Belknap...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

It's the aft 'corners' of the saucer that bug me... too right-angle-ish. Maybe if they were blunted a little more, so that the saucer's effect was more 'spoon' than 'shovel'...?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    It's the aft 'corners' of the saucer that bug me... too right-angle-ish. Maybe if they were blunted a little more, so that the saucer's effect was more 'spoon' than 'shovel'...?
    Actually, I rounded it from the 'official' source (bringing it more in line with other TOS designs)... so I'm hesistant to ovalize the back half even farther. Sadly, these ships are a bit more prominant in SFB than - say - the Cochrane was in FASA. :S

Gorn destroyer, based on the SFB version.

Gorn Ships, alright!!!

Gorn, the other plasma race...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

and they taste like chicken *kzin mode off*
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

USS Bader Class Long Range Scout

From FASA's Feddie Manuals. This is one hell of a scout for the period, though, nearly massing as much as the Connie herself, and just as well armed. Makes me wonder just where the hell they were planning on scouting? The Romulus system?

The Gorn ship looks FANTASTIC!

I love how you didn't make it all clunky and stocky looking. Great job! BTW, the warp engines look great too. Different than the Fed warps but still somewhat similar.

Keep up the great work!

SS Sunshine Class Starliner

First time I had to break out the 'new size' background for a ship, the damn thing's just HUGE... A big, ol' block with Klingon-like engines on her. Seems a bit on the ... insane side to be a starliner.

USS Overfield Class Frieghter

The Gorn ship looks like it could be related to the Mann class from the SFC, doesn't it? Now that would be an odd relationship to explain...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

USS Chandley Class Heavy Frigate

Redid this one a bit more than I was planning to. I added the torpedo bay, and reigned in the 'wings' from the impossible formation that the old line-art had, using some miniatures and 3D renders as a reference.

Thumbs up

Bang up job on the Chandley! That's always been one of my favorite FASA designs, and you did a good job with it. A+

As a brief aside, what program are you using to generate these fantastic images? And is there any chance of the Remora Class?

Please, please, please- keep up the good work!