Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Greyscale III

Fun with Greyscale III

USS Consolation Class Medical Frigate

Well, I took a lot of feedback on the original of this, and the common consensus was that while it made sense for the Feddies to design a ship around the Medical Pod, the Consolation's original design wouldn't be the logical concept.

So, it's been drawn and thrown up here.

Nicely done.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Fascinating how tastes can be different.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

In the view from the front, it shows it squared off (some what) at the bottom of the secondary hull. This doesn't seem to show up in the other view or am I missing something?
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    In the view from the front, it shows it squared off (some what) at the bottom of the secondary hull. This doesn't seem to show up in the other view or am I missing something?
    I believe what you are seeing are the shuttle bays which are hidden in the top view.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard
    USS Consolation Class Medical Frigate

Well, I took a lot of feedback on the original of this, and the common consensus was that while it made sense for the Feddies to design a ship around the Medical Pod, the Consolation's original design wouldn't be the logical concept.

So, it's been drawn and thrown up here.
    Montojo class instead of Ptolomy class based.

Yeah, that works better.

Alex

USS Sarda Class Tug

This is, effectively, John Lester's USS Remora class as found on Starship Modeler. The ship design is mostly the same, with the registry changed to be in line with 'canon' registries. Also, since the name 'Remora class' is also one of FASA's more popular designs, I switched the class name to one of Starship Modeler's other vessels.

The model is here: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfsto...y&Product_ID=8

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    It's the shuttlebays that you're looking at. The protrusions are only slight on the top view (as shown in the pod views elsewhere) and are obscured by the Consolation's warp engines.

The use of those 'extended' shuttle-bays is the main difference I did for my pod designs and the ones from Franz Joseph. I just like the extra 'heft' of them, and it helps distinguish them more from the flat cargo pods.

USS Sarda Class Tug
    There be Klingons, captain!

Seriously, though, the front does look rather similar to the Klingon design. I do like the way it has different hull and warp pylon lines, though. The gradual, sweeping line of its underbelly gives it a neat look.

One question: It's a tug. Where do pods attatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimace
    There be Klingons, captain!
    Definately does have a Klingon feel to it. Makes me wonder if that was the original idea, and it just didn't pan out that way...

One question: It's a tug. Where do pods attatch?
    It doesn't. It drags saucers, presumably wounded ships, etc. The class is specifically designed to drag saucers, but has a tractor assembly to drag other things as well. ... hence, it's an extremely limited-use class, and one that likely fell out of favor as soon as new sacuers and new ship designs came around.

USS Compactat Class Battleship

Based on the SFB 'New Dreadnought' design, with the shovel head. It's basically just the Dreadnought with the primary hull swapped for the shovel. And, yes, I got the 'shovel part' done today, for better or worse.

Last edited by TFVanguard; 11-13-2005 at 07:01 PM.

USS Deslandres Class Tug/Transport

Yeah, fit of originality, I know, swap the saucer for the spade and all.. still, this is an SFB ship (though of different name, natch), and I needed one more for Starfleet #2 anyway. I'm making this a slightly more 'sturdy' vessel, or something.. not really sure what the spade gives you other than mass...

Edit - Updated with a MUCH better looking 'spade' design than the miniature I used first.

Last edited by TFVanguard; 11-13-2005 at 06:38 PM.

*weird ass crazy ship*
    What?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by C. Huth
    What?
    Which weird ass crazy ship are you talking about, sir? :P

The first one, mainly. But both. I don't get the attraction of the design, i don't grok how it's supposed to reflect any design lineages, and... and... *shrug* i dunno man, i just don't get it. Are you simply collecting notable fan designs, or implying that they're part of the same fleet?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry